Hooker Creek Companies LLC is a local construction material supplier recruiting for a Dispatcher/Order Take/Scheduler for our ready mix division. This role is responsible for receiving and documenting complete and accurate concrete order information from customers and directing truck drivers. The job includes scheduling orders and trucks in a way that maximizes service and minimizes non-productive time of equipment and personnel. The job requires excellent communication and problem solving skills in a fast paced and constantly changing environment. A sense of urgency and experience working with technology and computers is required.
Some of the primary functions include:
1. Answers telephone and receives or updates customer orders with speed and accuracy. Completes all the required information, including an accurate delivery address for lien information.
2. Ensures the customer understands all relevant company policies such as will calls,
load limits, additional products over amount ordered, extra charges, cash-on-delivery, procedure and our drivers' responsibilities.
3. Probes the customer for information, upcoming orders, and cut-off quantities so there
are no surprises. Informs the customer of value added products that are available for
his particular job.
4. Sells the customer on the most advantageous job start times to maintain a "flat" truck
demand graph, in order to minimize the trucks and drivers called to work. Evaluates
every possible alternative in order to meet the customer needs.
5. Schedules orders accurately by entering realistic and accurate data. Ensures the
schedule is accurate and up-to-date so others can rely on the display for decision
making. Anticipates challenges and actively problem solves each issue.
6. Calls the customer if a truck is going to be late to their job. Will inform others who
need to know if an order is going to be late.
7. Informs the shipper and batchman of special instructions and gives adequate notice to ensure proper materials are available.
8. Assists Shipper with next day scheduling, including calling customers with unconfirmed orders, reviewing all orders for accuracy of address, directions, mix, spacing of loads, etc.
9. Performs property searches for lien purposes.
10. Informs Ready Mix Manager of employee performances issues and provides input for performance reviews.
11. Attends meetings to ensure an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork.
12. Acts as back up to supervisor in completion of Time Centre/time clock duties.
13. Promotes safety in a positive manner.
14. Cleanliness of workspace used is a must.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, be very skilled at problem solving and taking initiative. They will be able to be diplomatic with a variety of customers and employees in a fast paced environment. 3-5 years experience dispatching trucks preferred. Familiarity with construction and terminology important.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with a competitive company match, life insurance, paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave.
Interested employees should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. This is a Drug Free Workplace