Start a career with First National Bank Alaska, the Best Place to Work in Alaska as recognized six years in a row by Alaska Business magazine readers.
The Operations Supervisor directs the primary function of at least one unit in the Deposit Section the Cordova Branch.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Manages daily branch operations.
2. Promotes the highest level of service to customers through coaching, mentoring, training and monitoring of staff; communicates corporate mission and direction to delegates.
3. Ensures branch operations comply with bank policy, procedures, and banking regulations.
4. Maximizes branch profitability by directing and participating in activities to promote growth, and attract and retain business. Establishes cross-selling/referral goals for key delegates and monitors and measures results.
5. Calls on potential or existing customers to develop and/or retain business.
6. Maintains branch security and minimizes branch losses and/or risk or exposure to losses.
7. Assists the Branch Manager in achieving and maintaining a satisfactory audit rating or better.
8. Researches and resolves out of balance conditions, customer discrepancies and errors; ensures consumer complaints are immediately directed to the appropriate person, in accordance with the Bank’s Consumer Complaint Policy.
9. Ensures proper completion of proof and review functions within the branch.
10. Stays abreast on bank operations procedures and all pertinent bank regulations, including but not limited to Reg. DD, Reg. CC, Bank Secrecy Act, Community Reinvestment Act, Right to Financial Privacy Act, FDIC insurance provisions and Reg. Z.
11. Performs other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Supervises employees in at least one unit of the branch's Deposit Section. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems; and making recommendations regarding the hiring and terminating of employees.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum: Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or finance and one year bank operations/deposit experience; OR four years related bank operations/deposit experience; OR equivalent combination of education/training and experience. Six months in a lead or supervisory capacity. Preferred: Sales experience.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
Word processing and spreadsheet software experience required. The ability to handle highly confidential information, frequent deadlines, and time constraints required.
FNBA Careers - Shaping Your Tomorrow:
401(k) w/ Employer Matching- 100% Match, Up to the first 6% of Contributions
Generous Paid Time Off
Family Friendly Culture
Plus many more great benefits
Please visit us at www.FNBAlaska.com/Careers to view the full job posting and apply today. All applications must be received through FNBA's website to be considered.
FNBA is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Member FDIC and Equal Housing Lender.