Job DescriptionPosition Overview
Ground Network Operations Agents support the execution of the GNS by managing daily truck operations and managing the GNS shipments through the network. Works within a warehouse facility, primarily on the computer, there are various other tasks that will be required outside of computer work.Various work schedules may be required for this position, including late afternoon and evening, night and weekends.Duties and Responsibilities
- Create operating records for scheduled and ad hoc truck routes in Expeditors'systems.
- Coordinate the recovery of cargo from CFS facilities or 3rd party locations for induction into the Ground Network.
- Prepare paperwork for the transfer of freight within the network including load manifests and bills of lading.
- Manage system updates.
- Receive and inspect network inbound and transfer freight as needed.
- Identify potential operational delays and capacity constraints in the ground network.
- Assist in enacting contingencies to expand ad hoc capacity as needed, and arranging reroutes and additional trucks as necessary.
- Record system delays and perform root analysis as necessary.
- Support documentation as needed, including processing consolidations in e.tms Export and Import and monitoring work flows.
- Ensure service provider equipment is in place at regional branches to facilitate operations.
- Perform service provider reviews and update CRM as necessary.
- Will be communicating via email across the network
Hours TBD, days of week:Wednesday through Sunday. Or Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday (off Monday and Tuesday)
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Successful candidates must pass a background check
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, and familiarity with PowerPoint)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must not require future sponsorship for employment Visa
- Must have the ability to work overtime in support of the department needs
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize throughout the workday while remaining focused and organized
- Demonstrated ability to be pro-active in thought and action
- Strong organizational skills.
- Analytical with a strong attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven ability to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Willing to pitch in and help on last minute projects or assist team members
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Comfortable with numbers and basic mathematical skills
- Has a demonstrated strong work ethic,and reliability
- Comfortable working in a professional business environment
- Must be able to commute to the city of Carson, CA
- Undergraduate Degree preferred
- Experience in warehousing or freight terminal experience preferred
- Familiar with 10-key
Expeditors offers excellent benefits
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.