Harris Construction is looking for an Accounting Manager to work with the CFO to complete the following duties:
1. General Accounting Responsibilities
- Oversee daily accounting related activities
- Understand all accounting aspects and backup the corporate controller as needed
- Work with CFO to establish and direct implementation of organization's accounting policies and procedures for newly established entities
- Assist upper management as needed
- Work with newly created entities to develop and maintain reporting efficiency metrics
2. Accounts Payable / Subcontractor Compliance
- Monitor weekly A/P Processing, Compliance with HCCI Controller requirements
- Understand, monitor and backup all accounts payable roles
- Monitor subcontractor insurance compliance, mechanic lien / stop notice releases
3. Payroll & Compliance
- Understand and backup the payroll functions
- Understand Certified Payroll, AB 566 (& related laws) and our signatory union agreements
4. Cash Management
- Complete bank reconciliations as needed and appropriate for internal controls
5. General Ledger
- Reconcile, review and analyze general ledger accounts.
- Reconcile all 941's to the General Ledger and Workers Comp.
6. Financial Statements
- Track contract amounts and balance with PM's, the WIP schedule and Sage 300.
- Monitor and Manage Project Billing Reconciliation
- Assist in preparing monthly financial statements and year-end audit
7. Financial Accounting Systems / Software
- Have a complete understanding of how our accounting package works and answer to be able to retrieve information when asked.
We offer health, dental and vision benefits, along with a generous PTO policy and 401k matching program.