Sherman Bros is a family owned and operated business that is proud to have been a part of the Trucking Industry for the last 49 years.
Health, Dental, Vision, 401k, and Paid Time Off (PTO) are all offered as part of our Benefits Package. Medical benefits begin the first day of the month after employment.
General Description: Help direct traffic flow of the equipment; moves trailers and stages empty and loaded trailers, preload trailers and tarp load. PLEASE NOTE: This is a rotating shift position.
Responsible for shift Hostler operations, safe and efficient use of manpower and equipment resources. Perform other tasks as necessary.
Qualifications: Ability to read and write at High School level. Perform heavy physical activities in a safe manner. Class A-CDL preferred.
I. Yard Goat
1. Coordinate with the Yard shift Supervisor as to what trailers are to be matched with which loads.
2. Directs traffic flow of the equipment; moves trailers to/from yard, load bay, and tarp bay.
1. Initiate communication with company shift lead on issues that impact the efficient use of trucks and drivers.
2. Provide empty trailer inventory data to Driver Manager as needed to assess potential trailer inventory shortages.
3. Keep Shift Lead and Securement Manager updated on any potential issues that will impact efficient flow of trailers, trucks, and/or use of company manpower resources.
4. Evaluate quality and correctness of tarp jobs; identify problem areas and ensure tarp jobs meet acceptable standards.
5. Secure with chains preloaded portable glass racks on flatbed trailers.
1. Trailers and tarps are properly matched
2. Paperwork is thoroughly completed and paperwork is placed in the yard mail box in a timely manner to prevent driver delays.
3. Tarps are properly lifted and spread over the load
4. Tarps and sliding winches are properly placed and secured.
5. Safety equipment is available and used.
6. All safety procedures are followed.
1. Oversee yard operations to include driver behavior, trailer parking, trailer height is properly adjusted, truck parking, and staging trailers to keep the yard open when empty trailer inventories reach maximum capacity.
2. Assist Shift Lead and Securement Manager with meeting goals and up holding company policies.
1. Perform other duties as directed.
Warehouse atmosphere. Heavy machinery movement throughout the complex.
Must be able to lift 75 lbs. frequently to waist height. Requires frequent mounting and dismounting of yard goat steps. Able to climb on load. Not be afraid of heights.