Chapa-De is a non-profit community outpatient health center with a mission to advance the health and well-being of American Indians and low income individuals living in our communities by providing convenient access to high quality, compassionate care. With clinics located in Auburn, CA and Grass Valley, CA. We have multidisciplinary health care teams that provide a broad spectrum of services including adult and pediatric primary care, nutrition and health education, women's health services, dental care, orthodontia, mental health and substance abuse counseling, psychiatry, optometry, and pharmacy.
Provide administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer, other executives and the wider Leadership Team. Coordinate a wide variety of projects and activities for the agency and the leadership staff. Assist the CEO with special projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure confidentiality and controls access to sensitive information at the executive level.
2. Provide dedicated administrative support to Chief Executive Officer; manage appointments, take phone messages, reminding Chief Executive Officer of obligations, and brief her/him on new situations that arise.
3. Prepare Administrative correspondence.
4. Schedule travel arrangements for the Chief Executive Officer and others.
5. Provide general administrative support to the larger leadership team, including scheduling support for leadership members and associated project teams.
6. Provide support for Leadership level meetings and other meetings as needed.
7. Prepare agendas and make arrangements for committee and other meetings.
8. Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings.
9. Read and analyze incoming communications (memos, reports, inquiries, etc.) to determine their significance, handle communications or appropriately distribute.
10. Conduct research, compile data, and prepare documents and presentations for consideration and presentation by leadership, committees and board of directors.
11. Serve as a representative of the executive office in meetings and interactions with patients, staff, and other individuals and groups.
12. Interpret administrative and operating policies and procedures for employees.
13. Promote timely communication regarding agency priorities and operations.
14. Understand and promote the mission, vision, and values of Chapa-De.
15. Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations, as they pertain to position including; HIPAA, Scope of Practice, Accreditation Standards, OSHA, and the Agency's Policies & Procedures.
16. Other duties as assigned by Chief Executive Officer.
1. Bachelor's degree or a minimum of five (5) years executive administrative experience.
2. Advanced level in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
4. Experience in scheduling, report writing, travel, logistics, and process improvements.
5. Possess a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
6. Excellent grammatical, editing and proof-reading skills.
7. Highly organized, accurate, efficient and have a high attention to detail.
8. Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities.
9. Communicates with respect. Adjusts communication to level of audience.
10. Understands authority and who needs to be involved in decision making; seeks appropriate approvals.
11. Ability to work effectively with a variety of different people and at all levels in the organization.
12. Remains calm and resourceful under pressure.
*Preference in hiring is given to qualified Native Americans in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 and 473). Applicants claiming Indian Preference must submit verification of Indian certified by tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.