The Mission and Position
The Canning Group is based at Liberty Packing Company in Los Banos. This colleague’s mission will be to maintain and operate cooking and cooling equipment to produce a product that meets customer expectations in a cost effective environmentally responsible manner. We are interested in individuals who desire to perform at a high level and who are dedicated to continuous, year-over-year improvement. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Repair & Maintain Canning Area Equipment
- Repair & Maintain Canning facilities & grounds
- Develop Canning equipment R&M strategies & procedures
- Repair & Maintain Seamer
- Repair & Maintain Vacuum & Telescopic Fillers
- Repair & Maintain Pouch Filler
- Repair & Maintain PFM / Weigh-Right Fillers
- Repair & Maintain Depalletizers
Operations during the production season
- Assist colleagues to achieve effective plant operations
- Ensure a safe work environment for self and fellow colleagues
- Ensure Accurate Filled Net Weight
Canning Area Capital Projects
- Research & Understand Canning equipment & technologies
- Identify capital improvement opportunities
- Develop new technologies for implementation as capital projects
- Implement capital improvement projects in Canning area
Knowledge, Talent and Experience Requirements
- Excellent Mechanical concepts and skills.
- Own basic toolbox.
- Working knowledge of thermal processing.
- Willing to work long hours and weekends during season.
- Excellent listening and communications skill, written and oral.
- Understands, enjoys and is very good at the game of business.
- Excellent analytical skill.
- Substantial expertise with Excel, Word and other related applications.
- Patient, but persistent in getting results.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.