Skechers Digital Team is seeking a Digital Engineering Manager reporting to the Senior Director of Digital Platforms and Data. As the Digital Engineering Manager, you will lead a team of digital engineers to deliver high-powered, cutting-edge web-based applications to support the rapid growth of global eCommerce running Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware). You will work collaboratively with Product Owners, vendors, and business stakeholder’s to architect and creates enterprise-level web applications that are both scalable and robust. The ideal candidate will be a strong leader, have full-stack technical knowledge in Salesforce Commerce Cloud and the ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment.Essential Job Results
- Manage projects, workflow, and development roadmap to keep the development team organized, efficient, and optimally running.
- Provide vision, design and oversight, and creates and implements architectural strategy, align resources within cross-functional teams to build high-quality digital products and services.
- Guide the team in best practice for agile development including estimating stories, grooming backlog, and breaking down epics.
- Work with product owners and business stakeholders to define feature requirements and set priorities.
- Mentor team individuals to ensure they have the necessary skills to perform their jobs and develop their careers.
- Perform staff administration duties such as performance reviews, job descriptions, and help in the recruiting and hiring process.
- Eliminate impediments to allow the development team to focus on their task
- Provide guidance on technical direction, perform technical analysis, and make recommendations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience in both frontend and backend development on Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- 3+ years of development management experience.
- Certifications in Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C
- Knowledge of Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C (Demandware) is required.
- Knowledge of Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C (Demandware) OCAPI.
- Knowledge of digital commerce components such as users, catalog, pricing, inventory, and payment.
- Knowledge of digital commerce integration such as CMS, DAM, PIM, OMS, and ERP
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with git source control and collaboration tool such as JIRA, Confluence, Slack
- Experience agile development methodology
- Experience with web frameworks, interactive web development, responsive web design
- Experience with site speed optimization
- Experience and working knowledge of secure development practices
- Experience with AWS is a plus.
- Experience with Jenkins is a plus.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Other duties as assigned
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for thejobposition, to perform the essential functions.
Additional InformationPhysical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.