Come join a growing organization that is aimed at solving consumer storage needs! Check out a few of our recent releases:EdgeRover™ - Single view of your content|ibi™ - Smart Photo Manager| My Cloud Home - Personal Cloud Storage| Armorlock- Next Gen Secure SSD
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate for Consumer Solutions’ Business Strategy function. The position offers a unique opportunity to lead a wide breadth of high-value strategic partnerships and alliances. The candidate will be responsible for identifying and co-driving the execution and management of some of our critical corporate strategic alliances. This role requires a balance of strategy, market understanding, business development and deal execution.
This person will work closely with the business unit leadership team to cultivate and collaborate on new business alliances and partnerships to accelerate our vision and mission. As such the person will be responsible for the development, management and execution of partnerships that fundamentally enhance the value of our solutions and business, as well as those of our partners.
The ideal candidate will have a business development background and who can successfully drive closure with all relevant players from managers to C-levels of an organization. The person will have deep project and relationship management experience driving complex collaborations to successful fruition. This person will work cross-functionally with Product, Sales, Legal, Marketing, Finance, Operations and Technology teams, to deliver on the business objectives. The role requires someone who has strong self-initiative and can work extremely independently to define the prioritized objectives with the team and deliver them.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Align partnership funnel in collaboration with the Product, Sales & Marketing teams and execute ones with the most potential.
- Continually externally scan the market and proactively engage with potential partners to have a well-informed view of the eco-system and opportunities for Consumer Solutions; have a powerful rolodex of the decision-makers with relevant partners.
- Develop and drive execution of new initiatives and partnerships to increase revenue, improve solutions/user experience and maximize market impact in alignment with the strategy for the Consumer Solutions BU, while collaborating, co-developing and supporting present programs, as appropriate, where there is critical mass in the organization.
- Be a thought partner and strategic contributor to the business unit’s leadership team, especially in new markets and areas of growth.
- Actively coordinate and manage ongoing partnerships and alliances with external partners to create priorities and deliverables, and bring measurable impact.
- Deploy programs and reports to track and manage key updates, deliverables and goals for complex partner engagements.
- Help define, design and implement robust programs, including specific measurement goals and KPIs, to inform the partnership roadmap.
- Be able and willing to travel as needed.
INTERNAL GOALS & SCOPE OF POSITION:
Collaborate with Product, Sales & Marketing Leadership to refine and drive new and where appropriate present partnerships and alliances. Prioritize partnerships using alignment with the business strategy and execute on the ones with the highest ROI for the BU. Keep the business unit informed on market trends, opportunities within the context of the broader ecosystem.
- Broad-based business and technology expertise with 8+ years in strategic alliances and/or business development, ideally in a mixture of hardware and software technology companies.
- Knowledgeable about technology and innovation in the Consumer Tech segment
- History of successfully developing, leading and closing multiple, complex strategic partnerships and alliances that drove meaningful impact.
- Experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
- Experience managing complex projects by working across internal functional teams, from individual contributors to senior executives.
- Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail, with the ability to set, manage and communicate clear priorities in a fast paced, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent spoken and written communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
Western Digital is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees and will not discriminate based on their race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Lawposter.
Western Digital thrives on the power and potential of diversity. As a global company, we believe the most effective way to embrace the diversity of our customers and communities is to mirror it from within. We believe the fusion of various perspectives results in the best outcomes for our employees, our company, our customers, and the world around us. We are committed to an inclusive environment where every individual can thrive through a sense of belonging, respect and contribution.
Western Digital is committed to offering opportunities to applicants with disabilities and ensuring all candidates can successfully navigate our careers website and our hiring process. Please contact us at [emailprotected] to advise us of your accommodation request. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.