- Oversee the strategic and operational management of Project Management Services for the Bay Area.
- Develop new business opportunities with existing and new Turner & Townsend clients and drive the client diversification agenda.
- Manage new and existing client relationships in growing revenue through contract renewals, referrals and service expansion.
- Manage the resourcing of staff with project workload.
- Construct bids for new work in concert with business generation and senior management.
- Negotiate contract fees ensuring profitable outcomes for Business Unit.
- Maintain effective communications with the VP of Business Unit, fellow Directors and staff
- Provide weekly updates regarding the status of projects, initiatives, and staffing, and where appropriate, highlighting issues of concern, and/or conflict.
- Contribute, as a member of the Senior Management team, to the creation and implementation of strategic and financial plans focused on the growth and development of the Business Unit.
- Identify and act upon cross-selling opportunities. Work with Senior Management team to develop strategies which promote Turner & Townsend across the US, developing key partnerships within industry.
- Prepare and deliver client presentations on topics of relevant experience and knowledge and/or partnering with other team members to generate new business.
- Attend relevant networking events and promotional opportunities.
- Identify and act upon ways to improve internal systems and processes.
- Process Improvement-Improve cost management procedures, templates, products and strive to continuously improve the services provided to clients.
- Knowledge Management-Ensure that key knowledge and learning generated from each commission is effectively managed and captured in the Turner & Townsend internal database.
- Financial Management-Utilize the tools provided to track the ongoing margin levels, monthly fee/resource forecasts for each commission and financial reports.
- Provide effective line management to Associate Directors, Senior Consultants and Consultants.
- Provide input into the formal management of staffing, including recruitment interviews, input into resource management and staff appraisals.
- Coach and mentor staff, assisting them to achieve professional designations and career growth objectives.
- Delegate business development/marketing tasks.
- Manage the PM operation within the approved budget.
- Ensure the development of priority plans including risk mitigation, performance measurements, management controls and critical success factors.
- Ensure client invoices are accurate and issued on a timely basis. Following-up on accounts receivables.
- Manage the Project Management division and related activities to include taking ownership of and ensuring that at all stages, client and consultant communication, analysis, and cost advice are performed effectively.
Project / Commission Management Responsibilities:
Perform the role of Commission/Project Manager, taking overall responsibility for end to end service delivery of commissions of varying size and complexity.
Act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met through the delivery of a value added cost management service.
Manage all phases of the Project Management process to a variety of Property sectors.
Prepare Cost Reports as appropriate.
Facilitate value engineering, LEED analysis, risk and/or life cycle costing exercises.
Ensure that Project Final Accounts are negotiated and agreed.
Ensure client invoices are accurate and issued on a timely basis. Following-up on accounts receivables.
Lead a (project-level) Project Management team, ensuring effective and efficient delivery on all of the above accountabilities.
- Experience managing commissions effectively and efficiently.
- Knowledge of the San Francisco Bay Area market.
- Consulting experience.
- Development of strong relationships with clients and cross-functional team members.
- Experience managing a local team and direct reports.
- General line management operational responsibilities.
- Business development experience with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities.
- Tracking margin levels and monthly fee/resource forecasts on all commissions.
- Manage debt control.
- Manage and retain key information and data.
- +10 years of relevant technical and leadership experience overseeing major construction projects or programs.
- Recognized university degree.
- Membership in relevant professional organizations.
Turner & Townsend is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan, please email[emailprotected]. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 713-457-9400 or[emailprotected]. This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.