As the Head of Finance Technology, your mission is to empower your partners within the Finance organization through the delivery of systems that will stand the test of time, you will provide leadership in platform development and drive support for our vision with our partners. You will balance strategic vision, and approach problems from a data and systems-design perspective. You will work with a variety of finance partners to understand their current workflows, identify gaps and goals, develop requirements, prioritize projects and lead product road maps, from conception through launch to ongoing development and operational oversight.
You are energized by unique, complex technical challenges and the opportunity to partner closely with business and technical teams to give the foundational systems critical to supporting Squares growth. You will be a leader who grows a team that can scale quickly and efficiently, and who conveys the credibility to accomplish our goals.
- Lead a multi-year Finance transformation program from the technology side.
- Inspire creativity and establish new approaches to improving productivity.
- Determine product strategy for streamlining and automating processes.
- Work with your partners across Finance & Accounting to understand gaps and pain points and identify potential opportunities in important processes.
- Be knowledgeable about operating in a strictly regulated finance environment, responsible for maintaining compliance on all systems and related finance data assets
- Translate strategic finance leadership goals into an overall finance technology vision and sponsor that vision across teams at Square
- Creating and building a roadmap and execute towards a Finance data insights function.
- Promote the strategy across the company with leadership and team members.
- 15+ years of relevant system architecting experience
- 5+ years working with Oracle (on premise or cloud)
- Experience managing diverse, global systems functions, spanning from data engineering through application management
- Experience optimizing workflows and technology integrations.
- Experience partnering with engineering teams.
- A business sense and ability to voice the value of your product to partners.
- Familiarity in creating data-driven structure to an ever growing environment
- M&A experience is a plus.
Additional InformationAt Square, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.PerksAt Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square's purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.