Job DescriptionYour Career
We’re looking for an Engineering Manager/Lead to be part of our growing Services Innovation Engineering team in our Global Customer Support. With your software development experience, you will lead a technology team responsible for building and delivering solutions and processes that support our customers. Palo Alto Networks security-focused portfolio of applications requires a focus in best-of-breed Dev/Sec/Ops development. As a first-line Manager, you will grow and scale this engineering team’s support of business requirements for a wide-breadth of internal stakeholders including product development, professional services, IT and our larger engineering organization.
We need a builder and leader who understands how our innovative work fits into the big picture of our company engineering and product strategy - from Networking to Cloud to AI. Our organic development of tools, processes and product capabilities directly support our customers.Your Impact
- Lead; support, coach, and develop engineers globally
- Collaborate cross-functionally, influence technically, while leading with high quality standards regarding the engineering output
- Stay apprised of critical business needs and help us continue to scale, balance resources and projects accordingly
- Help grow the team; anticipate future needs and execute on a recruiting strategy
- Be laser focused on company priorities and make decisions based on data
- Align team technical strategy with overall company strategy
- Be the point-of-contact and presence for internal stakeholders to drive understanding of the business cases for requests and committed project deliverables
- Be responsible for our build infrastructure Dev/Sec/Ops processes
- Software Development in an Agile environment
- Understanding and use of Technology Stacks in support of an Enterprise environment
- Full lifecycle development experience: Analysis, Design, Coding, Quality, Testing, Implementation, Maintenance
- Software Development knowledge/awareness in the latest technologies, ie - Networking, Cloud, Virtualization, Big Data, AI
- Tools Development in support of Engineering - Automation and Orchestration
- Experience with Security products and delivery a plus
- Conflict resolution experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Strong distributed systems and architecture knowledge, including what it takes to deploy and maintain such systems
- Startup experience and/or a demonstrated ability to adapt to a dynamic and growing technical environment
Additional InformationOur Commitment
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [emailprotected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.