Flexible hours and shifts available (20 - 40 hours a week)
Overnight shifts available also!
JOIN OUR TEAM
We are looking for people like you to join our organization. Our goal is to make each visit a special and meaningful one.
Personal Care Services of Santa Barbara is a proud entity of Visiting Nurse & Hospice Care, the leading home health and hospice provider in the Santa Barbara area. We have been providing comprehensive health care services to Santa Barbara residents for over 110 years. Our mission is to provide Compassionate and Trusted care for all. Because of our growth and enhanced services, we are looking for caring and compassionate individuals to help continue our legacy of excellence and our commitment to the community.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists clients in activities such as reading, conversation, crafts, games, movie and TV viewing, physical activities as tolerated.
2. Follows the clients individual care plan, established by Personal Care Services.
3. Remind client to take medication as ordered.
4. Assist client with simple transfers and mobility.
5. Assist clients with personal care, bathing, dressing and grooming.
6. Plans and prepares meals and snacks.
7. Preforms home management skills including : laundry, ironing, washing dishes, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, changing.
8. Maintains a clean and safe environment.
9. Maintains confidentiality with regard to the Client and employee information.
10. Maintains accurate use of the caregiver time and reporting system (ClearCare)
11. Adheres to Policies and Procedures established by Personal Care Services
12. Attends family conferences as required
13. Basic competency prior to being scheduled with Clients with include but not be limited to the following:
14. Basic knowledge of the characteristics of the physically impaired and the elderly.
15. Recognition of significant physical, emotional and mental changes in a Client's condition.
16. Procedures for reporting changes to scheduling
17. Clients rights and responsibilities
1. Ability to read, write, and speak English language.
2. Six months of current experience caring for the aged or infirmed preferred.
3. High school graduate or equivalency degree (GED) preferred.
4. Successful completion of caregiver training.
5. Qualifying Live Scan background/fingerprint clearance.
6. Register on the Home Care Aide Registry.
7. TB clearance.