Do you thrive in a warm environment where there is a clearly defined process and your role requires someone with a friendly and approachable style. Would others describe you as reliable and accurate as well as calm and methodical? Are you at your best when there is a degree of predictability and stability to the role? We have the career for you!
This position is responsible to count, measure, or weigh incoming freight to verify contents of shipments against bills of lading or invoices by performing the following duties:Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform duties in accordance with Safety Quality Food (SQF) Level 3 standards and requirements.
- Unload product, receive product, record weights, quantity and/or temperatures.
- Accurately document quantity and quality for inventory control.
- Performs and documents quality control checks per Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)Guidelines.
- Pick up and/or return product to airport.
- Put product in proper stock locations.
- Maintain cleanliness of work station and dock per sanitation guidelines.
- Provide support/assist Fresh production and Dock personnel.
- Ability to work flexible shifts as necessary to meet customer demand.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience driving a 14-20 foot box truck preferred.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. (Must pass a Math Skills Test)
- Basic Computer skills needed.
- Forklift Certification required within 30 days of hire into the position
- Valid driver’s license
- Clear Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) per Seattle Fish Guidelines
- Ability to take and pass a drug screen
Seattle Fish Co. believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the success of the company. The contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline the responsibilities but not limited to such responsibilities. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.Pay$20.05 hourly with $.50 increase at 3 months and another$.50increase after 6 months.Shift7:00 AMstart time. The nature of our business does not allow for a hard stop time. Although we offer full time hours, there will be days where the employee must work till the job is finished. The nature of our business does not allow for a hard stop time. Although we offer full time hours, there will be days where the employee must work till the job is finished.Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Account with company match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid time off
- Company-paid life insurance and AD&D
- Company-paid STD & LTD
- 401k with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hours volunteer time
- Discounts on seafood and gourmet products
Job Type: Full-timeOur Commitment
We believe every employee has the right to work in an environment that is free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Consistent with applicable laws, Seattle Fish Company makes all decisions involving any aspect of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, the presence of any physical or mental disability of someone otherwise qualified, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Discrimination and/or harassment based on any of those factors are inconsistent with our philosophy of doing business and will not be tolerated. This policy of non-discrimination applies to all aspects application procedures, hiring, advancement, transfers, reductions in force, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions and privileges of employment.Meet Seattle Fish Co.
For more than 100 years, Seattle Fish Co. has been dedicated to serving those who serve others. It all began back in 1918, when our founder Mose Iacino first started bringing seafood to landlocked Colorado. At just 16 years old, Mose would hand-select fresh fish at the Seattle markets, carefully pack it in sawdust and ice and ship it to Denver by railcar, replenishing the ice at stops along the way. Then, from Union Station, he tirelessly pushed a wooden cart around downtown, bringing his sought-after fish and oysters to Denver chefs, markets and restaurants.
The core values that Mose instilled in his budding company back then still drive us today. They are what we stand for, what we believe in – and they’re reflected every day in the work we do, the people we employ, and the businesses we serve. We are a family first and company second. Every day our diverse, engaged and high-performing staff work together toward common goals. They learn from one another, and treat each other with respect. The people we draw to us are people who believe – in themselves, in our customers, and in our work. We’re passionate about giving back. We believe it’s our responsibility - through outreach, fundraising and volunteering with nonprofits – to make a positive and lasting impact on the community we love and that has supported us since day one. What underpins all these values – and really sets us apart – is our holistic dedication to sustainability.