Job DescriptionWe are seeking a Zscaler Network Engineer/Administrator for a contract to hire role in Englewood, CO.This contract-to-hire role will be onsite/in the office in Englewood, CO Monday through Friday during normal business hours (there are no remote options for this role)
In this role, you will be:
- Supporting, troubleshooting, and administering of Zscaler network proxies.
- Perform day to day tasks for moves, adds, changes, and updating proxy rule sets
- Be the primary resource for troubleshooting including engaging with end users and providing leadership on outage bridges Monitor Zscaler platform services and processes
- Document setup and maintain as built drawings as changes are made
- Supporting Zscaler products like Client Connector (aka ZAPP) and Virtual ZENs
- Maintain GRE tunnels to four Zscaler endpoints
- Work with network security team to administer Zscaler PAC files
- Support network protocols such as: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, VLAN, TCP/IP, MPLS, STP, IPv4, sub-netting, routing
- Provide hands-on implementation and ongoing care and maintenance
- Develop implementations in lab environment to prove out design specifications according to a test and validation plan
- Follow necessary processes to ensure enterprise network systems and services meet an operational uptime of 99.95%
- Conducts advanced enterprise-level performance tuning as well as network performance audits on a regular basis Maintaining daily operational responsibility for reliability of the network
- Conducts advanced enterprise-level performance tuning as well as network performance audits on a regular basis
- Monitors ongoing availability of network services and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical degree; 6-8 years of experience as a data network specialist in a medium to large enterprise network; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Zscaler network proxies
- Advanced knowledge of network monitoring and performance tools such as SolarWinds Orion NPM, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Wireshark, etc.
- Strategic thinker, strong interest and aptitude in collaborative big picture, enterprise-wide network infrastructure roadmaps.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Results oriented team player who will work towards meeting team commitments and ability to work within a cross-functional team.
- Practical experience related to LAN, WAN, WLAN, VLAN, DMVPN, VPN, and high availability/multipath/redundant routers, switches and firewalls in large data center environment
- Familiarity with these technologies is a plus: Cisco ASA, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco ISE, networking for F5 LTM/GTM, and networking for IPS/IDS
- General technical knowledge of Cisco networking technologies and platforms to include Nexus, ASR, ISR, Catalyst, ACI/APIC