The Client Operations Manager (COM) will lead a cross-functional team in the day-to-day operational management of real-time, high-volume, multi-channel marketing solutions. The COM will be responsible for ensuring operational excellence and the continuous improvement of operations on one or more accounts, developing and implementing operational processes, tools and deliverables to provide high quality and on-time completion of client deliverables per contractual obligations which include but are not limited to file processing (inputs and outputs, scheduled and ad hoc), PeopleCloud Messaging (PCM) campaign and message delivery, issue management, and SLA compliance. The COM is the primary contact for critical issue management and resolution as well as an account’s operational activities.
A major factor in the ability to grow Epsilon’s business with an existing customer is the consistent, flawless execution and delivery of daily processes and deliverables, making the COM position a key contributor to Epsilon’s growth strategy.The ideal candidate:
- Up-to-date knowledge of Digital Solutions Landscape with enterprise-scale solution delivery experience in Marketing Technology (Loyalty / CRM / Email / Marketing Ops)
- A unique blend of business and technical savvy; ability to partner with the client executive and other contributors including architects, developers, product owners and infrastructure administrators to define a big picture vision and roadmap to achieve operational excellence, and the delivery know-how to make the vision a reality
- Operational Management background with enterprise-level IT solutions
- Accountable for overall solution operations; provide day-to-day leadership to operational teams, lead the continuous improvement across people, processes and technology to reduce manual work, increase delivery predictability, improve quality, increase client satisfaction, measure and report (at least monthly) on the operational health of the account to internal and external stakeholders
- Drive requirements for improvements and enhancements in operations and infrastructure including process automation and PCM campaign delivery to maximize quality of deliverables and team productivity, including the implementation and coordination of on-going monitoring and alerting across the client solution
- Define, approve, and enforce best practices, standards and methodology within and across account(s) to improve quality, repeatability, and on-time delivery of client marketing activities
- Work with the project delivery, product development and custom development teams to ensure solutions are architected and developed to be supported within the existing operational framework
- Identify and lead organizational efficiencies and open communication throughout all levels of the Epsilon and client organization
- Manage delivery teams to ensure quality, completeness and timeliness of operational solution delivery
- Own solution documentation, including core system documentation and operational escalation processes, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Manage (own) the triage and resolution of issues and related client communications including critical issues that occur outside of normal business hours
- Escalate critical client issues to leadership to ensure timely resolution
- Navigate a matrixed team/organization to ensure any tertiary activities are performed in a manner that do not disrupt the daily operations of the account
- On occasion, support business development initiatives to expand the Epsilon footprint within the client
- Stay abreast of latest marketing technology trends and all of Epsilon’s product offerings to integrate in planning efforts, business development efforts and overall client roadmaps
- Be proactive and one step ahead by anticipating client’s operational needs; seamlessly inform, align and lead internal stakeholders to meet client demands
- Influence and inspire teams to collaborate effectively and promote a service mindset for clients
- Act as a mentor and coach to both client and internal Epsilon Delivery teams as needed
- Oversee and implement continual operational excellence initiatives; both corporate-driven as well as account-based
- Willingness to travel up to 15%
- 7+ years of service delivery experience in implementing and maintaining real-time, high-volume transactional systems, leading a high performing, globally distributed delivery teams.
- Operations management experience in Marketing Technology space (Loyalty/CRM/Email/Marketing Ops)
- Excellent project management skills with ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Demonstrated experience in root cause analysis of complex technology solutions
- Demonstrated experience in the definition and implementation of tools and processes to improve platform operations
- Strong team player with service-oriented attitude toward external and internal audiences
- Infrastructure and systems development project life cycle experience including, but not limited to requirements gathering, writing functional specifications, working w/technical developers to clearly convey the business requirements, testing/sign-off, and post implementation support
- Strong experience in engagements that span tracks of work including User Experience, Technology, Project Management, Business Analysis, Systems Integration, Migration and Infrastructure
- Mature understanding of the services industry and role of operations in driving P&L improvements
- Excellent people management skills within a highly matrixed and geographically dispersed team
- Experience leading key initiatives against strict timeline and multiple priorities
- Experience working in a consultative manner with clients and serving as a key advisor and partner
- Strong executive presence, demonstrated history of working with clients or internal business partners at the executive level (e.g. VP, SVP, CXO)
- Ability to gain knowledge related to the clients' industry, and the current business environment and incorporate this knowledge into the overall solution and operational processes
- Prior email service provider experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent professional experience)
Additional InformationGreat People, Deserve Great BenefitsWe know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.