Job DescriptionESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Sets up and operates variety of machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures: Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
· Studies blueprints, sketches, machine parts or specifications to determine type and dimensions of metal stock required.
· Manufactures a wide variety of metal components through the operation of lathes, shapers, milling machines, drill presses, and similar equipment, gauging work carefully by using precision tools, fabricated mechanical devices, and units.
· Replaces shafts, bearings, bushings, belts, shear-pins, pulleys, and gears
· Operates welding equipment and uses hand tools in the fabrication of mechanical devices; maintains and repairs mechanical equipment and prototypes; operates soldering equipment; installs machine shop equipment.
· Ability to troubleshoot, identify the problem, make precision parts, make the repair utilizing timing principles and verification of the proper machine operation.
· Additional responsibilities as assigne
· High School diploma required, associate degree from a Technical College preferred
· Journeyman experience preferred
· Considerable knowledge of the tools, equipment, materials, methods, and standard practices of the machinist's trade.
· Considerable knowledge of the maintenance and repair of machine shop tools and equipment.
· Considerable knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the trade
· Ability to work from plans, blueprints, sketches, models, and oral or written instructions, and to exercise judgment in determining techniques and methods.
· Skill in the use and care of tools, machinery, and equipment of the machinist's trade.
· 3-5+ years maintenance experience
· Strong mechanical aptitude
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· Understanding and compliance with safety rules and regulations
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.