Reporting to an appointed supervisor, Associate Engineers work together in multi-disciplinary teams to execute research and usability testing for a variety of projects. The Associate Engineer I works within well-defined guidelines to manage videography for data capture; moderate usability testing sessions; conduct field research; summarize, prepare and analyze data; and evaluate results of the data for deliverable creation.Primary Responsibilities:
- Study environment & video equipment set-up
- Site visits for observational research
- Moderating testing sessions
- Root cause analysis
- Data entry
- Data analysis
- Data management
- Video review & analysis
- Video & data backup
- Report writing
- Study supply tracking & inventory
- BS/BA in human factors engineering, biomedical engineering, industrial engineering, or related field required.
- Ability to analyze data using excel and appropriate statistical techniques and to visualize / present data in a form that is easily understood.
- Excellent listening and observation skills.
- Excellent quantitative skills.
- Strong writing skills.
- Advanced to expert proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficiency in a variety of data collection software / programs (e.g. DatStat, Qualtrics, etc.)
- Ability to work full time at the Design Science office in Philadelphia, PA or Evanston, IL and to travel 20-30% of the time, domestically and internationally.
- Willingness to undergo background checks, drug/health screenings as required for research purposes
- Good organizational skills and ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Evidence of interdisciplinary collaboration across a variety of field, including engineering, design and psychology.
- Ability to deploy a variety of research techniques to collect and process data across multiple areas of company’s portfolio of work (field research, usability testing, ergonomics, etc.)
- Experience with, or interest in, medical devices, product development and/or design.
- Experience with, or knowledge of, FDA regulatory guidance on usability and medical devices.
Additional InformationHere’s what we’re offering:
- Full-time, salaried, exempt position
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance(s), 401k with match, 20 days PTO to start, paid holidays, dependent care FSA, work from home and flex work options, and more!
This position is posted for our Chicago area office.
Resume / cover letter required.
Visit our website / blog at www.dscience.comfor more information, or check us out on social media @designscience .