With leadership from immediate manager, this position is responsible for the safe and effective use of all people, time and material in meeting assigned production schedules. Safety, sanitation, housekeeping, GMP standards, problem solving ability as well as good employee relations are considered key elements to success.Responsibilities:
1. Assist in control and regulation of packaging operations by maintaining standard operating procedures, making prescribed changes and adjustments when necessary, and maintaining daily productions rates, yield, quality, and line efficiencies according to customer requirements.
2. Assist in maintaining the budget limits as established for the packaging operation.
3. Direct the work force performance through proper administration of the Company policies. Discipline directly where necessary to maintain control of operations.
4. Administer safety/health programs to meet current OSHA and Stratas requirements.
5. Direct the labor force to maintain clean housekeeping areas in meeting GMP and Quality System established standards. This includes employee work practices and the proper cleaning of packaging equipment.
6. Ensure compliance with all safety, food safety, environmental, GMP rules, regulations and policies.
7. Obtain and maintain line efficiencies through the supervision and administration of the Maintenance program with the assistance of production employees, and the Maintenance Department
8. Attend scheduled safety and GMP meetings.
9. Train personnel in proper safety and operation techniques.
10. Communicate shift activities to plant management on a daily basis.
11. Other duties as assigned by the plant management.
12. Ensure manufacturing/shipping quality, quantity, efficiency and maintenance of area.
13. Act as fill in for other supervisors and lead persons in the area in which they work in the case of an absence.
QualificationsEducation:High School diploma is required. Bachelor’s Degree in operations, technical, business or engineering is preferred. Related Experience:3-5 years manufacturing experience preferably in food packaging, process, and /or food safety and security. Previous supervisory experience/leadership experience preferred. Equipment/Software Skills:Must be PC literate with working knowledge of MS Office, and Outlook Competencies:
1. Communications – Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills in dealing with those both internal and external to Stratas are critical to success2. Leadership - Ability to lead others in the directions necessary to achieve mutually beneficial goals is important3. Analytical Skills – Having both the ability and competency to evaluate a variety of alternatives and pick the best solution in a dynamic work environment4. Root cause problem-solving techniques: Critical to a line manufacturing process5. Developing teamwork and productivity: Being proactive in employee relations efforts serves all well
Sitting/Walking/Climbing as required in a manufacturing environment. On your feet for most of the shift with occasional lifting climbing stairs and ladders including rail cars and trucks.Sensory:
Good Listening Skills; Public speaking abilities to communicate with both hourly and salaried personnel. Along with the listening skills you have to be able to determine the purpose of what you’re listening to and prioritize accordingly.Mental/Reasoning:
Organizational; Decision making ability; Multi-tasking; Must have strong analytical and problem solving abilities to accommodate a quick paced environment (a quick thinker).
In keeping with in the boundaries of company policy and union contracts. Along with safety.