The Underwriter is responsible for adhering to company policies and investor guidelines to ensure the closing of quality loans by assessing loan data for accuracy and guideline compliance while assessing the risk to the company. We expect our underwriters to be able to calculate self-employment income and require DE and SAR/LAPP Certifications.
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of loan data compared with the documentation provided
- Adhere to company policies and investor guidelines
- Review files for compliance
- Mitigate risk to the company by ensuring the closing of quality loans
- Update and check government web pages
- DE andSAR/LAPP required
- Experience with USDA, Jumbo and Bond Programs preferred
- 3+ years of underwriting experience
- Adaptable problem-solver
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.