Horizon Management Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Pre-Employment drug test is required.
Horizon Management Services, Inc. provides management and administrative expertise in commercial and residential real estate.
We are seeking a Service Technician Assistant in the Davenport, IA area! This position would be part-time (15-20 hours per week) plus on-call every other weekend once trained.
Pay depends on experience.
Overview: Responsible for assisting in maintaining the entire assigned property (-ies) in a safe, attractive, comfortable condition. Complete other types of maintenance, when necessary. This position will also have hours at our Bettendorf, IA property as well.
Assists with satisfying service requests per work orders, following company procedure:
- Enters at residents convenience after proper notice
- Completes all repairs within the monthly budgeted maintenance hours
- Cleans up thoroughly
- Observes condition of apartment and reports any unusual circumstances (e.g., size & number of pets)
- Leaves notice of work performed
- Completes all necessary repairs in common areas including but not limited to; replacing light bulbs, ballasts, plumbing and HVAC
- Assists with apartment make-ready procedures.
- Cleans carpets, windows, appliances
- Services appliances, plumbing, electrical fixtures
- Repairs or replaces old and faulty parts
- Checks and changes locks
- Replaces burned-out light bulbs
- Any duties assigned by Community Manager, Maintenance Supervisor, or Regional Manager.
- Assists with assigned removal of weeds from all rock beds as needed. Ensure good curb appeal.
- Assists with removal of snow from sidewalks, front entry, and other exit. Includes salting of these areas.
- Assists with keeping parking lots and grounds clean and free of debris.
- Assists with making regular inspections of grounds, buildings, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances, and major equipment.
- Checks for appearance and cleanliness
- Checks for structural cracks
- Assists with completing preventive maintenance checklist monthly and submitting to Maintenance Supervisor
- Checks for excessive wear
- Is on-call for emergency duty when assigned or needed
- Is familiar with power, water, and gas turnoffs, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants
- Knows emergency telephone numbers (e.g., 911, police, fire department, Community Manager, Maintenance Supervisor)
- Follow all company emergency procedures
- Assists in maintaining inventory of tools, equipment and supplies
- Establish and maintain good relations with residents, prospective residents, vendors and co-workers.
- Assist outside contractors when services are required
- Assists office staff in delivering correspondence to residents, when requested
- Reports all needed repairs to Property Service Technician, Community Manager, or Regional Manager
- Assists with other types of maintenance when necessary and assigned by Community Manager or Regional Manager
- Maintains confidentiality of Co-Workers, management, owners, past and current residents, vendors and all outside contracts
- Attends all instructional classes conducted by management
- Works with other maintenance co-workers regarding other Dubuque properties
- Education: Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Minimal experience required
- Licenses: A valid drivers license and current automobile insurance is required. Travel to job sites is required
- Training: On the job training is continuous process and you will be expected to attend training programs as required by the company (at the companys expense).
Knowledge and skills:
- Must have own tools
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, verbally and in writing, with residents, other third-party contacts, as well as with company managers and principals, owners, and all other office team members.
- Must have ability to learn how to read service requests.
- Excellent safety habits.
- Previous familiarity with electricity, plumbing, mechanical, drywall repair, and carpentry is a bonus.
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems and various appliances is a bonus
- Must be team oriented
- Compatible with a wide range of people
Attendance: Regular, reliable and prompt attendance will be expected, in addition to some weekend and evening work, when necessary. The position will require flexibility to the work schedule in accordance with meeting critical deadlines and project schedules. Compliance with all policies and procedures of the company regarding attendance is required. Accessibility is critical to the success of this position.
Professional Image: The first impression clients, tenants, and business associates receive is generally the lasting impression they maintain. Because we strive to demonstrate a professional atmosphere, we must be conscious of our appearance, hygiene, and manners. We believe that this professional image includes dressing appropriately for the job and to enhance the image of the individual and of the corporation. Horizon also strongly encourages that you conduct yourself in a manner that establishes and maintains respect with people with whom you have daily contact- both outside and inside our offices.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, climb, lift, push, pull, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, handle, write and operate standard office equipment and telephone. The employee regularly communicates with customers and tenants. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 70+ pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.