Job DescriptionResponsibilities include (but are not limited to the following):
- Vehicle check-in by recording and filing information on vehicles being assigned to the facility.
- Detail (thoroughly clean) vehicles to improve their appearance for purposes of enhancing their value at auction.
- Operate passenger vehicles in a safe manner for the purposes of moving the vehicles around the facility and/or participating in drive-through auctions.
- Recover keys, license plates, and other information or objects from vehicles at the facility and store them in the appropriate locations at the branch.
- Assist visitors by providing appropriate guidance and/or directing them to the appropriate person for additional assistance.
- Receive training in forklift/loader operation.
- Immediately report all violations of company policy to a supervisor or manager.
- This position involves primarily outdoor work in all types of weather.
- Must remain alert to potential hazards associated with heavy equipment and other vehicles operated in their work area.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be willing to learn how to operate a forklift.
- Capable of interacting effectively and supportively with customers & towers.
- Capable of performing and/or assisting with light maintenance of vehicles.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. and perform activities that involve stooping, bending, standing, and walking for reasonable periods of time.
- General mechanical knowledge of makes and models of vehicles required.
- Ability to function well as part of a team.
- Experience in the equipment rental or construction industry and/or related field preferred
- Basic automotive repair skills
- Previous forklift operating experience is a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent experience preferred.
- 0-2 years’ previous work experience.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, we offer a benefits package including health insurance, 401K, STD/LTD, Life Insurance/AD&D, paid holidays and vacations.
IAA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship status, or marital status.
IAA is a drug-free workplace. EEOE.