Responsible for various types of weld preparation, assembly, x-ray quality welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product in accordance with drawings, specifications and work instructions.
1. Working knowledge of welding (FCAW, GTAW), fixturing, weld wire and filler material applications for various steel alloys, stainless and carbon.
2. Review schedule, prioritize daily work, review specifications and blueprints to determine equipment, material and tool requirements.
3. Fabricate product by cutting, burning and welding various metals to produce parts within required tolerances. Cleans and prepares surfaces to be welded. Set up, assemble and tack weld parts.
4. Design and implement work methods and procedures to increase productivity and improve throughput.
5. Follow all safety rules regarding machine operation.
6. Organize and maintain work area to achieve safe, clean and efficient operations.
7. Performs other duties and assignments as directed by management.
1. Good command of the English language, both written and spoken.
2. Able to read and interpret drawings and follow work instructions.
3. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; use basic hand held measuring tools.
4. Must have sufficient visual acuity to operate machines and visually inspect parts produced.
5. Required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; to talk and hear, to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
6. Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
7. Must have excellent organizational and communication skills with ability to work well with external and internal customers.