QR Code Link to This Post
Microbiology Laboratory Technician
The Microbiology Technician will be expected to perform duties in the Microbiology and Mycology Laboratories. Special work emphasis will include the use of Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization Time of Flight (MALDI-TOF) for identification of clinical fungal specimens.
Degree/Education: Possess a bachelors degree in Microbiology or related discipline and American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP), certification in Medical Technology or Microbiology
Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support : CPR;
Experience: A. Have 3-5 years of specialized experience in Microbiology and Mycology. B. Have experience in classical Microbiology Techniques of culture propagation and biochemical identifications, sufficient to allow independent isolation and characterization leading to a confirmation of bacterial/fungal identity. C. Have 1-2 years of experience working under a quality system equivalent to ISO9000 or the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA).
Licensure/Registration: Must possess IT-II security clearance or have a current National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC).
To apply go to http://angelstaffing.net/current-opportunities/
Duties: The duties for the HCW are as follows:
(1) Shall be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers.
(2) Shall be knowledgeable of equipment and supply terminology and skill sufficient to identify and use necessary equipment and supplies properly and to communicate proper use with nurses, medical staff, patients, and family members.
(3) Possess experience with Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Word, Excel, Access, Project, and PowerPoint.
(4) Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
(5) Possess the ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality and adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and integrity.
(6) Shall be a U.S citizen.
(7) The contractor must pass Color Vision Test; the contractor must pass Color Vision Test.
SPECIFIC DUTIES/TASKS THE EMPLOYEE SHALL PERFORM BUT NOT LIMITED TO: The Microbiology Lab Technician will provide the following services and in strict compliance with standing orders and protocols set forth by the MTF, and IAW JC guidelines to include, but will not necessarily be limited to the following:
(1) The contractor shall complete Color Vision Test
(2) Achieve Validation of Molds & Fungal Database for MALDI-TOF
(3) Provide weekly progress reports on MALDI-TOF project
(4) Aid in the development of SOPs for Mold/Fungal identification
(5) Perform necessary administrative duties that include maintaining statistical records of clinical microbiological data relating to use of MALDI-TOF
(6) Assist in education of staff regarding MALDI-TOF techniques
(7) Participate in meetings to review and evaluate impact of MALDI-TOF on patient care
(8) Aid in the evaluation and validation of other novel clinical microbiology platforms the laboratory will acquire
(9) Aid in the identification and characterization of fungal pathogens
Angel Staffing, Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits package for those who qualify which includes Major Medical, Dental, Vision, Long-Term Disability, Life insurance, Paid Holidays and a generous PTO policy.
Angel Staffing is a preferred employer. Make a difference; be an Angel. Please call 210-616-9526 or apply at our website www.angelstaffing.net.
Angel Staffing, Inc. is and Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment is offered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.