Job DescriptionDo you have a passion for the Outdoors?Come join our team!North 40 Outfitters in Great Falls, MT is looking for a friendly, disciplined, and enthusiastic person for our Sporting Goods Department. As a member of our Sporting Goods team, you will be responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service, generating sales, stocking and merchandising product, and safeguarding company assets. You should enjoy engaging in face to face interaction with people on a consist basis, function well within a team, and have a commitment to doing your best on every project. If you are a consistent, optimistic person who wants to work for a company who will value your accuracy and reward your loyalty and careful work, we want to talk to you! In order to thrive in this position, you will need to be highly detail oriented and have strong experience in camping and hiking, as well as general knowledge in hunting, firearms, and archery.
We offer a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive wages, a comprehensive benefits package, and a phenomenal employee discount. Position is full time; North 40 Outfitters is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- General archery knowledge and shooting experience
- Knowledge of tent and conventional camping, backpacking, and hiking
- Knowledge of hunting and firearms, as well as general knowledge of other sporting goods dept. items
- Must be able to provide "WOW" customer service for our North 40 guests and assist them in meeting their shopping needs
- Good communication skills; easily able to engage with other people on a regular basis, being approachable and patient with even beginner outdoor enthusiasts
- Ability to work well with others
- Physical ability to lift up to 60 lbs. frequently, spend up to 100% of work time, other than breaks, standing and moving, climbing and kneeling on concrete or hard surfaces; use of ladders and rolling staircases. Consistent adherence to safety standards
- Understanding of correct lifting techniques
- Open availability and a willingness to meet shift requirements, including working on weekends and certain holidays, between the hours of 7am to 7pm Mon-Sat and 9am to 5pm on Sunday; flexibility in scheduling based on business needs
We get asked a lot, “What is North 40?” If you know who we are, that’s a difficult question to answer because we cover quite a few categories. Our message, “Make a difference in how people experience work and play” is truly our heartbeat here, and if something comes up that doesn’t live up to this, we don’t do it.