Reports To: Director of Operations
Supervise, oversee, plan and ensure the success of the construction job site. Responsible for the planning, organizing and controlling of the project(s). Complete quality inspections of all related work and materials and ensure that budget, design and schedule are met and followed. Monitor and supervise all of the operations, workers and subcontractors and report project progress to Cutler and the client. Overall responsibility is for the construction site and you must successfully meet the time, quality and financial obligations of the job in a safe environment.
- Plan, direct and supervise company quality functions and activities as established by Cutler, Architect and Owner.
- Must be able to fully understand construction and installation details and monitor subcontractor performance.
- Maintain and review punch list process to ensure all are addressed and executed in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain positive Subcontractor relationships through established strong communication in regards to responsibilities, changes and issues as well as following up on requests in a timely manner.
- Develop critical client relationships through being available for client requests, working collaboratively with outside parties (i.e. the design team, etc.) to accomplish client goals and maintaining close communication across Project Team regarding client contact tactics and strategies.
- Mitigate risk by documenting project events.
- Pre-planning ? review drawings and specs for correct materials, details, dimensions
- Mock-ups, set expectations
- Coordination of all trades and owner vendors
- Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions (engineering, scheduling and coordination of material deliveries), subcontracts, equipment and manpower requirements.
- Develop the 5 week look ahead to manage daily activities and key material deliveries, including weekly updates throughout the duration of the project.
- Be involved in sub buyout for scopes of work.
- Work in partnership with PM to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule that reflects the changes in project status and that meets the cost and time requirements of the project schedule.
- Provide technical assistance, interpret drawings, develop construction methods consistent with contract documents, budget and schedule. Participate in purchasing and scheduling commitments with Project Manager. Scope reviews before award.
- Communicate daily with Project Manager for job progress, purchasing, subcontractors, scheduling, etc. and maintain and update the construction schedule on weekly basis.
- Identify problems, propose solutions and resolve in a timely fashion. Communicate to team.
- Attend weekly project meetings with Owner and Architect and subcontractors.
- Orchestrate, attend and lead weekly subcontractor meetings. Review meeting minutes with the APM/PE before distribution as well as provide updates prior to next meeting.
- Prepare daily construction reports, time sheets, safety logs, equipment rentals, code and initial delivery slips.
- Maintain a complete set of up-to-date drawings and shop drawing file. Record and maintain "as-built drawings".
- Generate RFI?s to the Architect and Owner.
- Assist in client interviews and proposal presentations.
- Supervise, mentor and develop project staff.
- Thorough communication while looking out for the interests of Cutler.
- Administrate Cutler project safety program to maintain a safe and healthy work environment in compliance with corporate safety plan, regulations by Owner, State and OSHA regulations.
- Perform weekly safety inspections and document. Notify subs of violations, and follow up on corrective actions
- Authorize and/or approve field change order requests with documentation.
- Minimize and manage ticket work.
- Manage resources efficiently to positively affect budget. i.e. materials and equipment
- Software applications: MS Office (word and excel), Procore or other project management software, Project 2013.
- Must understand and assist in managing of overall project scheduling.
- Possess extensive knowledge of the Owner contract, drawings, subcontractor agreements and scope and risk management mitigation abilities.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent time-management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables.
- Minimum of 3 years managing projects in the Pharmaceutical, Bio Tech, Food/Beverage and/or Industrial markets.
- Requires exceptional leadership, interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive working relationships.
- BS OR BA in engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience of 7-10 years in the Construction Industry
- OSHA 30
- Ability to travel is a plus but not required.
FLSA - Exempt
CAI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.