Cockram Construction is an international management-owned, construction services business with a history of over 150 years. We are, at heart, a construction company with an aim to provide top level services to our clients in high tech and challenging industries. In the US, our staff provide services on client sites coast to coast with a focus in the Pharmaceutical / Bio-Tech and Themed/Attraction industries.
We are seeking a "hands on" mid-level PCM!
- Ensures compliance to project Controls procedures and process regarding Cost, Schedule ,Change management and Estimating
- Work in Project Controls functions mainly Cost and Schedule with tools/systems as required. Specific Cost and Schedule responsibilities are detailed below.
- Develop and adhere to Project Controls Plan.
- Develop and maintain project cost in Cost Management Tool in accordance to control accounts guidelines.
- Provide project cost data and supporting documentation within the projects controls systems of record
- Perform reconciliation of cost data from local accounting system (SAP) to the projects controls system of record
- Provide actual cost data from local accounting system (SAP)
- Ensure that actual data figures in local accounting system (SAP) are project related and coded accurately
- Support the Project Manager on all levels of cost reporting and forecasting
- Support the Project Manager on all levels of negotiation and validation of contracts and change order in conjunction with Procurement.
- Develop reports on actuals, variances, trends and re-forecast as necessary.
- Ensures proper Change management throughout the project phases.
- Develop and maintain detailed Cash flow and Commitment flow throughout the project phases
- Work independently in evaluating external costs and developing internal cost estimates in collaboration with internal stakeholders
- Participate in the value engineering process.
- Keep and effectively utilize historical records of project costs.
- Analyze change orders for cost impact.
- Perform bid cost comparisons for proposal review teams.
- Provide costs and schedule impacts associated with risks that have been identified for a project.
- Review and validate contractual compliance of project invoices
- Assist and support project manager in financial project close-out
- At the completion of the project, develop and ensure recording of the project’s historical cost information and “lessons learned” for future use.
Full understanding of cost control/ management.
Familiar with project planning and scheduling.
Familiarity with estimating but not necessary for this position.
Demonstrated strong knowledge and experience in various aspects of project controls, accounting, estimating, planning/scheduling, progress measurement, forecasting/reporting.
Certification in Cost Control CCC/ CCE or Scheduling (PSP) is an advantage.
Good Inter personnel and collaborating skills.
Good organization and prioritization skills to execute work accurately and largely self – directed, handle multiple priorities, and analyze reports and trend activities.
Knowledge of general practices, system automation, commissioning, qualification and validation within the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry is an advantage.
Knowledge of general engineering practices, building construction, materials, systems, market conditions and craft trades.
BS in Engineering/ Construction management or equivalent is required.
Minimum of 5-10 years of experience or related industry and / or capital project management experience. Bio/Pharmaceutical experience is preferred but not a must have.
We offer our staff a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Account including Dependent Care, Health Reimbursement Account, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K and employer match, Paid Vacation Time, Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.