Our Process Engineers provide technical support to develop, troubleshoot, and characterize manufacturing processes in a safe, environmentally sound, and economic manner. They provide support for operations, engineering, and quality through production support, process troubleshooting, process improvement projects, and capital projects. Our Process Engineers also assist with customer complaint investigation, new product evaluation and implementation, quality and safety audit preparation, management of change, and safety incident investigation.
- Provide support as necessary for troubleshooting, project development / evaluation, process improvement, and any issue requiring engineering expertise.
- Manage site capex projects from start to finish including developing the project scope, cost estimate, and economic evaluations, submitting the project for approval, coordinating the implementation of the project, maintaining the project budget, and closing the project.
- Submit MOC's as appropriate. Provide support as necessary to evaluate and/or approve MOC's.
- Collaborate with Quality, Production, and EHS to bring new / modified products into production.
- Investigate safety / quality incidents and customer complaints to develop root cause, corrective actions, and verification steps.
- Support and participate in Environmental, Safety and Health and quality department programs and requirements.
- Support production with technical assistance for day-to-day manufacturing issues.
- Participate on customer task forces as needed. Research, design, and characterize process improvement methods for existing and new products.
- Work with QC, Quality, and production to manage rework and aged material.
- Work closely with maintenance to complete preventive maintenance management, repair projects, and improvement projects.
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
- A BS in Chemical Engineering and a minimum of 3 years chemical industry experience.
- Other engineering or technical disciplines will be considered if candidate has experience in chemical manufacturing or chemical process development.
- Strong troubleshooting skills Experience in an ISO 9001 environment.
- Experience with capital projects a plus.
- Strong computer capabilities including Microsoft Excel and Office and SAP.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, and to interface with multiple levels of the organization.
- Self-motivated and flexible individual with excellent organizational skills.
FUJIFILM Ultra-Pure Solutions, Inc. is one of the largest manufacturers of high purity chemicals in North America, serving the semiconductor, disk drive, flat panel, pharmaceutical, and bio-tech industries.
FUJIFILM Ultra-Pure Solutions, INC. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.