Digital Production Associate
Aquifer is seeking a digital production associate to join our curriculum operations team to create and maintain online courses for health professions students. Our ideal candidate will have high standards for proofreading and editing, be adept at using digital publishing tools (and excited about learning new tools), and have strong organizational and project management skills. You will work with leading medical educators from around the country and expert editorial boards to ensure that our cases are accurate, up to date, and engaging.
Coordinate all aspects of online course maintenance to ensure timely and accurate updates to case content:
- Proofread for grammar, punctuation, and style, including use of medical terminology; verify accuracy and timeliness of text, images, links, references, and other content; ensure courses follow Aquifer’s style guide for writing and pedagogy.
- Quickly master and use Aquifer’s authoring and editing tool to update course content and student test questions.
- Perform basic image editing using Photoshop or other tools.
- Manage multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously while remaining organized.
- Work with authors and editors to obtain permissions for copyrighted materials and track permissions information.
- Maintain KPIs on progress of assigned content reviews.
Manage relationships with course boards:
- Manage monthly editorial board calls and maintain timely communication with boards.
- Provide administrative support for national meetings and scholarship recognition for authors and editors.
- Provide updates to Aquifer staff on course board activities.
Provide support for Assessment on an as-needed basis
- Work closely with the assessment coordinator and assessment manager to ensure exam creation, administration, and support operate without breaks in coverage.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of professional experience in a digital production environment with technical content. Online education experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proofreading and editing experience. Familiarity with medical terminology is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fluid and fast-paced environment with shifting priorities and demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong professional working relationships, including with authors and editors working remotely.
- Digital publishing experience, such as the use of Wordpress, Drupal, or other content management systems.
- Experience with image editing, Google Docs, and project management systems such as Monday.com. A love of (or at least an affinity for) spreadsheets is a plus.
The Aquifer team’s mission is to transform health care education and learning. Our online courses are designed by the nation’s leading medical educators to help medical students acquire much-needed critical reasoning, diagnostic, and communication skills. Our products are used by 95% of all US allopathic medical schools, and every year 40,000 students take Aquifer courses and complete over 1,000,000 virtual learning cases.
We seek people who love to be challenged, believe in what they do, and want to work with similarly minded people. We treat our people the way we would want to be treated and it shows in our products. For more than 20 years, we’ve kept our promise to all our stakeholders by delivering the best in clinical learning tools for health care professionals. We set aggressive goals and work together to achieve them. If this sounds good to you, we’d love to meet you.
The Work Environment
Aquifer is located in Lebanon, New Hampshire in the scenic Upper Valley region, next door to Dartmouth College with New England’s best hiking, skiing, and outdoor adventures just around the corner. The Upper Valley has an active arts and entertainment scene, terrific museums, convenient shopping, great schools, and convenient travel to Boston and New York.
This position will work in an office environment with substantial time spent in front of a computer screen and interacting with staff, both on site and via teleconference. The ability to work remotely in this position is limited. Some local and longer distance travel by car and plane may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this position. This position will require the physical and mental ability to work independently and to interact successfully with a wide range of employees, contractors, and advisors.
Aquifer strongly values diversity and the inclusion of people from a wide range of backgrounds and experience, recognizing that such diversity will enrich our culture and is likely to strengthen our ability to fulfill our organization’s mission.
Please submit Cover letter and Resume to be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 - $2.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Monday to Friday
- digital production: 2 years (Required)
- Medical Terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented quality and precision-focused
- Innovative innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented results-focused with strong performance culture