Monster.com has an excellent full time employment opportunity for a HVA (High Voltage Assembly) Core Supervisor in Roanoke, VA.
Monster is partnered with the 4th largest power custom transformer manufacturing company in North America that offers full benefits, 401K, relocation assistance, and the chance to work with custom transformers in a collaborative atmosphere.
Below is a detailed job description for your review and consideration.
Responsible for insuring the production plan and manufacturing goals are carried out for assigned department using all personnel, materials and equipment to produce a quality product, built and shipped on time.
1. Hold regular departmental meetings to communicate schedules, company/departmental news, and discuss issues/resolutions.
2. Allocate personnel as necessary in order to meet production needs most efficiently.
3. Insure that all reviews are completed on a timely basis.
4. Insure that all SHAPE increases are warranted and that skills have been acquired prior to increase given.
5. Insure personnel within department are cross-trained so absences, vacation, etc. will create minimum disruption.
6. Adequately provide for the safety of all employees in the department, including providing safety training, eliminating hazards, monitoring work conditions, ensuring good housekeeping, and maintaining security against unauthorized access.
7. Maintain safety-related paperwork and complete required reports
8. Manage employee attendance and maintain records.
9. Use good management practices to retain personnel
10. Insure ISO policies and procedures are maintained and adhered to. Maintain rework report and corrective actions taken to eliminate root cause.
11. Production ratios must be monitored and continuous improvements sought.
12. Using the master/departmental schedule, plan for materials, drawings, etc. to insure RTS meets highest levels. The master schedule should be broken down by Supervision and a departmental schedule developed and communicated. The departmental schedule should show, by unit, the RTS to the next internal customer based on the master schedules date for the next process to start.
13. Manage departmental overtime according to policy.
14. Insure department enforces policies consistently and fairly.
15. Perform one continuous improvement study every two months. This study should outline the problem; persons selected from department to do study; root cause; and corrective actions put in place and/or recommended upon completion of study. (Identify cost to fix problem and cost savings per fix).
16. Develop and maintain a procedure for tracking budget/expenditures within department.
17. Attend meetings as required.
18. Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this excellent employment opportunity, please forward your updated resume.