The Electrical/Controls Engineer position at Fives Lund LLC serves to research, develop, design and oversee the implementation of custom-engineered solutions for advanced industrial equipment in a variety of highly technical industries. This position provides technical design, project leadership, installation oversight, and overall support of electrical system architecture.
- Designs and integrates electrical systems for industrial automation
- Uses AutoCAD to produce well laid-out and referenced electrical schematics
- Layouts power cabinets, selects components and size conductors for feeder and branch circuits
- Implements proper design practices per NEC requirements and regulations
- Implements organized filing systems for design drawings (project templates, standard title blocks, drawing lists, bills of material, etc.)
- Oversees and supervises the installation of electrical systems
- Interfaces with mechanical engineers, purchasing agents, electricians and assembly technicians to implement and improve system design and performance
- Works with engineering managers and the finance department to create and manage project schedules and bid proposals
- Develops supplier scope of work (SSOW) documents for electrical contractors as needed
- Troubleshoots and debugs industrial automation systems
- Provides project management/leadership as needed
- Interfaces with customers at project sites during commissioning, acceptance testing, delivery and support
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required
- 5 years experience preferred
- AutoCAD Electrical experience a plus
- Ability to proactively anticipate potential problems and propose solutions
- Ability to analyze complicated systems
- Experience with servo systems, VFDs, Ethernet networks, PLC and HMI programming
- Experience with 480VAC, 120VAC and 3-phase and 24VDC voltage power distribution and layouts
- Understanding of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to take initiative
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Employer Contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Coverage
- Potential for annual profit sharing bonus
Located in Seattle, WA., Fives Lund LLC, a Fives Group company, designs and builds complex, turn-key machines and systems based on unique requirements of our customer base. Ranging from aerospace manufacturing to pharmaceutical, life-science and renewable energy markets, we work hand-in-hand with our customers through all phases of the project lifecycle from system requirement definition, design, proof-of-concept, manufacturing, commissioning and support.
Fives is a global industrial engineering group that designs and supplies robotics, process equipment and production lines for the world’s largest industrial sectors including aerospace, automotive, bio-tech, semiconductor and energy.
- Due to contract requirements, US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status is required.
Recruiters, please do not reply to posting or contact company.
Seattle, Washington, United States