Public Relations Manager
Position: Full- time benefits eligible; Pay Grade 5, non-classified employee, exempt status
Location: Moorefield Headquarters, Main Campus
Salary Range: $38,000 - $42,000, commensurate with experience
Overview: This position is responsible for assessing for, planning, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive public relations (PR) program for the college by managing print and online advertisements, facilitating social media campaigns, planning public outreach events, and assisting in student recruitment and retention.
- Develop and implement an integrated strategic communications plan to enhance student recruitment and retention efforts, advance Eastern’s brand identity, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities, and increase the visibility of its academic and workforce programs across key stakeholders.
- Serve as primary intake for all marketing, PR, and government relations collateral, event, and advertising requests
- Oversee development of external and internal communications: design, format, edit and produce several institutional publications as budget permits. Communications include, but are not limited to: program brochures, direct mail, posters, flyers, handouts, college catalog, and the Class Schedule for academics and workforce. Oversee management of project production and approval process and deadlines.
- Institute a comprehensive social media campaign to promote the college on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media platforms.
- Facilitate the college’s advertising, which includes radio, newspaper, billboards, various community programs/publications, statewide magazines, TV commercials, and digital media.
- Maintain an active relationship with media in the college’s service area.
- Write, edit, prepare and coordinate the distribution of press releases and publications.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of content for the college’s website.
- Coordinate and/or support various college and community events on-site and off-site.
- Position is assigned to and reports to the Dean of Student Access and Success.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education – Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or other relevant field to perform responsibilities required.
Experience - Minimum of two (2) years relevant professional experience required.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills; strong organization and coordination skills; and ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) Style guidelines.
- Must display an ability to work with a variety of digital marketing tools and channels.
- Responsibilities require the ability to work well with others in a team environment, including the public.
- Must be able to work independently with indirect supervision and demonstrate initiative.
- Work schedule requires some evening and weekend hours; may be required to work beyond regular 37.5 hour work week to meet college objectives and deadlines.
- May be required to travel locally and long-distance to attend events, meetings, conferences, etc.
Resume review begins immediately. Search will remain open until the position is filled.To ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than February 1, 2020. Please submit a letter of interest (email submissions preferred) that addresses your abilities to meet the qualifications and carry out the responsibilities of this position, a current resume, and three (3) professional references (names, addresses, e-mail, and phone numbers) to:
Human Resources Office
Eastern West Virginia Community & Technical College
316 Eastern Drive, Moorefield, WV 26836
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
- Public Relations: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required