Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment
Join us—Where your Career is a Force for Good!
American Red Cross
Work for an organization where your career is a force for good!
We are seeking a relationship builder who can meet goals and objectives, connect with our donors, and serve our mission.
The Role: Regional Philanthropy Officer to support our Central Appalachia Region. This position can be located in northern WV, Hagerstown, MD, or Winchester, VA.
Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective individual donors corporate, and foundation donors in northern West Virginia, western Maryland, and the Winchester, Virginia areas.
- Meet annual revenue target ($450k) by working with an assigned portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Assist donors in creating meaning in their lives through giving to the American Red Cross.
- This position is a blend of work from home, in-person meet with donors, and work in the office.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum five years of sales and/or fundraising experience required.
- Proven experience in developing strategies for donor retention growth and recapture and proven success with complex requests is required.
- A current valid driver's license and good driving record is required.
Work with a team of ten development staff to support the work within the Central Appalachia Region.
What’s in it for you:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance your learning.
- Medical, Dental Vision plans
- Paid Family Leave: 12 weeks paid at 80%
- PTO + Holidays
- 401K with 4% match
- Employee Assistance
- Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
- Service Awards and recognition
- Pay for Performance
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life’s emergencies don’t stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here:
Summary of Rights