Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good! Job Description: Job Title: Blood Collection Staff/Customer Service - Training Provided Location: Eau Claire, WI Join the American Red Cross Team-Where your career is a force for good! No experience needed - we train! Pay:
Starting rate $20.40Benefits
- 401 (K) with employer match
- Excellent Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- Paid time off & holidays
- Paid Family Leave (where applicable)
- Career Advancement Opportunities
As a Blood Collections Staff member, you'll use your compassion and healthcare and/or customer service skills to collect lifesaving blood donations from our volunteer donors and ensure they have the best experience possible. Your driving experience will assist us with transporting equipment and setting up at the collection sites throughout the local community. The Red Cross offers paid phlebotomy training with the ability to grow your healthcare skills and career within the nation's top humanitarian organization. To learn more about being a phlebotomist, watch this short video: rdcrss.org/ lifesavingroleResponsibilities
- Take the time to personally connect with donors - listen to their stories and help them understand the value of their donation
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment. Team up with your co-workers to keep our donors coming back again and again
- Be detailed oriented all day, every day, to ensure that the blood you collect meets goals, regulatory requirements and can be safely transfused
- To best meet the needs of our donors and community, Blood Collection Staff work a variable schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays
- The aforementioned responsibilities of the Blood Collection Staff describe the general nature and level of work and are not an exhaustive list
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Customer service experience and effective verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to work a variable schedule including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays. Overnight travel may be required
- A current, valid driver's license with good driving record is required. Experience driving larger vehicles preferred.
- Basic computer skills required
- Physical requirements may include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs., occasionally physically assisting donors experiencing an adverse reaction, as well as pushing or pulling heavy weights up and down ramps and stairs (potentially up to 250 lbs. in weight and with up to 75-degree angles). Physical requirements may be performed in adverse weather conditions. Ability to load and unload vehicles with or without reasonable accommodations.
- DOT certification may be required in some locations. If required, must pass applicable DOT physical and related requirements and be able to possess or obtain a medical certification of at least one-year duration.