Town Square Community Center492 Hill St. | PO Box 608 | Green Lake, WI 54941
JOB POSTING - MARKETING MANAGER Town Square Community is looking for a confident, driven and dynamic professional to lead and execute Town Square Community Center’s integrated marketing. The ideal candidate is an extremely organized and deadline-oriented individual with outstanding creative and writing skills and an entrepreneurial spirit. The Marketing Manager will be an integral part of our small dedicated team and reports to the Executive Director.
About Town Square Town Square, Green Lake’s award-winning community center, is the heartbeat of our community—bringing people together, and providing cultural, social, recreational, educational and economic opportunities for individuals of all ages. The mission of Town Square Community
Center is to enrich the lives of the Green Lake community members, family, and friends by providing cultural, social, recreational, educational, and economic opportunities for people of all ages.
Centrally located on the main intersection of town, in the historic Green Lake County
Courthouse buildings, Town Square Community Center houses clubs, non-profit organizations, a 24-hour fitness center, a certified commercial kitchen business incubator, working artist studios and galleries, plus flexible spaces for classes, programs, community events and event rentals, including the recently-added Mill Pond Terrace outdoor event space, which comfortably accommodates groups of 50 to 600 people.
Areas of Responsibilities
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and implement the brand strategy
- Develop the marketing strategy for new and existing programs, events and spaces– including campaigns, events, digital marketing and PR
- Develop consistent and effective messaging that is the basis for all organizational communications
- Work closely with the Town Square program and events manager and committee, enabling them to meet their objectives through effective marketing
- Manage social media presence and increase social media reach, reputation and recognition across all delivery platforms
- Be the organization’s agent toward external parties such as media, stakeholders and other organizations and build strategic partnerships
- Develop stories, write copy and create schedules for website, social media, press releases, e blasts and all other external organizational communication
- Write donor update e blasts
- Write and oversee design for annual report
- Develop messaging for increased volunteer engagement
- Develop, create and execute engaging marketing materials and communications across all delivery platforms: o Social Media (Facebook, Instagram) o Email Marketing (MailChimp) o Website (Squarespace) o Local advertising avenues (Newspaper, chambers, radio) o Digital LED sign
- Generate fresh story ideas that align with Town Square’s mission
- Create case studies/success stories that promote the product of Town Square’s initiatives
- Coordinate and deliver creative, concise and consistent email campaigns
- Manage video, photography, and digital media library
- Attend Town Square programs and events and capture content for media database and future marketing efforts
Systems and Databases The Marketing Manager will maintain all records of contacts for building, board of directors, vendors, donors, volunteers, tenants, spot rentals, programs and events.
The Marketing Manager will have a thorough understanding of our systems, their capabilities and optimal use for our organization. Serve as back-up for Executive Director and assist in integration and streamlining of systems:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Google Suite
- Mailchimp (Email Marketing Service)
- Square (POS)
- Giftworks (CRM)
- Stripe and Paypal (Payment Processing)
Professional Qualifications Town Square Community Center recognizes that the successful candidate may come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Town Square will evaluate the total qualifications and attributes of each candidate. Not all candidates will have achieved our ideal qualifications.
- A bachelor’s degree or professional experience in Marketing
- Experience in digital marketing including websites, social media and SEO
- Excellent writing skills, experience writing marketing or public relations text
- Strong interpersonal skills, including experience building and maintaining relationships with a diverse network of individuals and organizations
- Strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize a large volume of tasks
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, and willingness to learn
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original opportunities
Application Process To apply, please send us the following materials:
1. A cover letter that describes why you are interested in and qualified for the position
2. A resume that summarizes relevant education and experience
3. An example of applicable professional or creative writing
4. A list of three professional references with contact information and relationship to the applicant
We will only contact references for final candidates and we will notify you ahead of time.
Applications will be acknowledged and reviewed when submitted. Interviews with the most qualified candidates will be scheduled on a mutually-convenient date.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- Monday to Friday