Briarpatch Youth Services has an exciting job opportunity for a skilled professional. The agency is a dynamic non-profit community organization that has served Dane County since 1971. Briarpatch provides a broad array of services to more than 3,000 runaway, homeless, at-risk, and court-involved youth annually.
Youth Shelter Counselor
The Briarpatch Runaway and Homeless Youth Program is recruiting part-time counselors to work in our temporary shelter for runaway and homeless youth.
- Experience working or volunteering with teens and a background in education, social work, or human services is preferred. College students are encouraged to apply.
- Experience working in a youth shelter or group home setting is preferred along with the ability to work with youth from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees the daily activities of youth staying in the agency’s temporary shelter facility.
- Records documentation of client services and required paperwork in accordance with state licensing rules and agency standards.
- Helps youth staying in the shelter with meal preparation, completion of daily chores, completion of laundry and similar household responsibilities as needed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of shelter policies and procedures.
- Provides brief counseling to youth staying in the shelter.
- Supervises shelter clients during recreational outings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Hours vary and include shifts throughout the week (8:30a - 4:30p, 4:00p - 12:00a, and 11:00p - 9:00a). Strong preference for candidates with Friday, Saturday, Sunday availability. Up to 20 hrs/week
Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that allows operation of agency-owned vehicles.
Starting pay is $15.50 - $17.00 per hour.
To apply, candidates must submit a resume and cover letter by 5:00 pm on November 22, 2019 to:
Briarpatch Youth Services
Attn: Taylor Rozman, Shelter Manager
2720 Rimrock Road
Madison, WI 53713-3337
No calls or recruiters please.
Briarpatch Youth Services is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.50 to $17.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
Hours per week:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks - learn more at https://start.indeed.com/fair-chance)
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
Company's Facebook page: