Eaton’s Marketing Commercial Operations Division is currently seeking a Global Segments and Experience Center Marketing Communications Manager to join our team. This position will be based out of Moon Township, PA or Menomonee Falls, WI. Relocation is offered if residing outside 50 miles of these locations.
Reporting to the Manager, Integrated Marketing Communications & Campaigns for the Electrical Sector, the Marketing Communications Manager, Global Segments & Experience Centers will be responsible for developing integrated marketing communications strategies, plans and tactics to support Eaton’s Electrical Sector key global segments and Eaton Experience Centers.
The manager will work with divisional and key functional leadership to ensure close alignment and collaboration with industry marketing stakeholders, marketing communications team members including corporate marketing, regional communications, Eaton Industrial Sector and Eaton Experience Center marketing managers. Working with these functions, the manager will develop integrated marketing communications plans and sales deliverables to further Eaton’s presence in our focus segments including industrial (mining/oil& gas), utility, data center and healthcare. The manager will be responsible for the global message platform for each focus segment, maintaining alignment with sector positioning to address key customer challenges and Eaton’s solutions to meet customer needs. Also responsible for the segment content development strategy, creation, promotion and measurement. This manager will work with regional marketing communications teams to localize and implement global messaging and content.
This position is also responsible for experience center marketing communications to drive exposure for Eaton Experience Centers in Houston, TX and Warrendale, PA. Beyond these locations, the position will collaborate with other global contacts to provide tools/deliverables templates for use by other facilities.
This position is focused on both internal and external audiences. It requires understanding of key Eaton and Electrical Sector segment strategies and evolving market trends that impact the segments; product knowledge; creative use of various forums/channels for message delivery; and analysis of measurements across the areas being supported. It requires managing various external vendors who act as extended team members to complete projects (graphic designers, editors, etc.) in a timely fashion with input from key stakeholders mentioned above.
Approximately 75% of the successful candidate’s time will be on segment communications, up to 20% will be focused on experience center communications and 5% on other communications projects.
In this function you will:
- be responsible for content strategy for focus segments aligning with Electrical Sector communication pillars to address industry trends and increase Eaton’s position and presence in the market. Define, create, promote and measure performance of key thought leadership content (examples include success stories, SlideShares, listicles, infographics, innovation stories, white papers, videos, etc.). Tier 2 segments content strategy development required quarterly and have responsibility for mentoring and recruiting highly skilled engineering talent
- work with global segment leaders, the manager will monitor market trends to evolve segment messaging and drive more widespread use of segment storytelling in social media, PR outreach, internal communications tools, advertising and tradeshows/events for focus segments. Be responsible for engineering functional objectives and initiatives in support of our strategic plan.
- consult and guide marcom business unit team members as they plan US events and drive inclusion of a segment focus. Coaching should be focused on show messaging and key products representative of the segment including deliverables to support/promote event attendance such as e-mail marketing, etc. Collaboration with Tradeshow Manager, Electrical Sector is required. Have responsibility for expense management and capital planning.
work with Experience Center managers to develop, execute, measure and enhance integrated communications plans for the Experience Centers – Houston/Warrendale. Includes items related to events.
work with managers to identify/build/promote/measure new content based on customer needs. This also includes promotion of videos developed by the Experience Center. Develop marketing documents to support training programs.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Public Relations or related field of study required; Master’s degree a plus
8+ years of experience Marketing Communications, Communications or Journalism role
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- Proven storytelling skills across multiple channels and formats with the ability to understand and convert complex information into compelling content
- Digitally savvy and able to leverage new technologies for communications
Understanding of analytics and tools to identify content trends to lead content planning
Experience in content creation, internal and external communications, digital marketing such as web content and email campaigns, direct marketing or advertising
Strong communication, presentation and leadership skills
Ability to lead by influence and collaborate across multiple stakeholders
Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strategic agility, innovative thinker
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work across various levels within the organization
Ability to prioritize work and manage expectations
Ability to work in a flexible environment
- Active listener and interested learner
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto RicoOrganization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual ContributorSchedule: Full-timeIs remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: NoDoes this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country onlyTravel: Yes, 25 % of the Time