Family-owned for nearly 100 years, Miller Baking Company has been committed to crafting great tasting baked goods with honest ingredients. Today, we bake Pretzilla® Soft Pretzel Bread, a brand of soft pretzel buns and bites that is drawing fans across the country and experiencing significant year-over-year growth. We combine great products with our core values of teamwork, integrity, courage, and curiosity to create an environment with opportunities to make a positive impact and personally develop.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Marketing will serve as a key member of the company’s strategic management team. This position will own and drive all aspects related to marketing including brand positioning, packaging, social media, public relations, consumer insights, event marketing/sponsorship, and advertising. You’ll be a part of an established company to lead a category leading brand and coordinate with mostly third-party resources to improve brand awareness, interest, and loyalty to our delicious soft pretzel bread products. Note that currently there is no marketing team and we are without robust marketing activities. However success in the role will allow for additional hiring and investment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and execute the Pretzilla brand strategy including:
- Defining the brand’s positioning with consumers
- Overseeing packaging and merchandising renovations
- Leading and coordinating agency work, including PR
- Creating an advertising plan and budget to create consumer brand awareness
- Working with the sales team to create effective sales tools (from collateral to sampling)
- Executing a clearly defined marketing strategy to support consistent growth and enhance brand equity and awareness
- Perform ongoing competitive analysis in all markets and business categories with available POS data.
Requirements:WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- An entrepreneurial, and self-motivated marketer who can function independently with limited resources, but who will also make the argument for additional investment with facts and data.
- Demonstrated brand management success through a diverse career track ascending to brand and marketing leadership preferably as Brand Manager, Director of Marketing, or VP of Marketing.
- Consumer industry expertise with a track record with leading CPG brands, food experience is preferred.
- Experience in a variety of professional environments including in a smaller, more entrepreneurial company. Rigor and discipline that comes from experience at a larger CPG company is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate marketing spend ROI and maintain a "scrappy" mindset.
- Brand leadership ability along with a team player mentality, with the capacity to work independently.
- Engaging personal style and the ability to lead by example, intellect, and persuasion. Using a roll-up-your-sleeves approach, this person will focus on details and drive execution, not just strategy development.
- The ability to manage change and be nimble. High sense of urgency and flexibility combined with the ability to inspire others to accept change.
- Intellectual firepower and superior strategic and analytical capabilities. Ability to use data and analytics to drive key recommendation, changes, and decisions.
- Innovative outlook. This person will have genuine brand creativity, with the innate ability to see marketing opportunities that may not be immediately evident.
- Superior communications ability. He or she will have the ability to be concise and persuasive, tailoring the message to audiences that may include the CEO, Owner, customers, and fellow employees.
- Strength of character and cultural fit. This includes the capability and backbone to provide honest and reasonable dissent, taking an unpopular stance if necessary. He or she will thrive in an open and non-hierarchical environment that requires a high degree of interaction among and between functions. The ideal candidate will bring high drive/low ego.
- Passion for the brand and values driven. Pretzilla has a distinctive but developing brand personality and this position will need to embrace its core values while helping to shepherd the brand’s evolution.
- Personal integrity and ethics. The highest standards are required.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bending or standing on a stool as necessary.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WHY WORK AT MILLER BAKING COMPANY?
We are a profitable, growing organization with products that consumers love! Our business and reputation are rooted in quality and service, important values we’ll maintain as we plan our exciting trajectory of continued growth. We offer a competitive salary and great company benefits, including a casual dress code. We also offer health, vision, and dental insurance, and a 401k with company match.
This position will be unique in its ability to offer flexibility in terms of working hours, as well as working remotely (up to 33%).
Miller Baking Co. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.