Under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer provides analytical assistance within the Finance Department and ensures all accounting operations are functioning accurately and timely for proper generation of management reports and cash flow. Other responsibilities include general ledger closings, preparation of internal and external reports: coordination, analysis, and reconciliation of physical inventories; and performing other projects as assigned.
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Supervises: Accounts Payable Clerk
Four years of college or equivalent with emphasis on Accounting.
Minimum of two years management experience.
Minimum of two years experience in healthcare finance
Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management designations.
Proficient in MS Office applications which include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Supervision of all office functions including accounts payable management and accounts receivable management. Responsible for staff adherence to all Finance Policies and Procedures.
- Prepares and provides analysis of monthly financial and management reports, including month-end close, general ledger and balance sheet reconciliation, Accounts Receivable and Unbilled Revenue reports.
- Follows Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as the basis for financial reporting.
- Prepares and ensures processing of all invoices in accordance with SMC Policy.
- Monitors cash flow and assists Chief Financial Officer with monthly analysis.
- Prepares financial reports related to Service-Line profitability, new projects, and other projects as assigned.
- Holds periodic staff meetings to assure coordination of efforts.
- Conducts periodic performance reviews on all Accounting Staff.
- Monitors work load and personnel needs of Accounting Department.
- Trains, develops and motivates Accounting Staff.
- Disburses and ensures disbursement of cash in accordance to SMC Policy.
- Prepares analysis reports for annual outside audit.
- Maintains all office computer systems and programs.
- Reviews all business procedures and recommends adjustments to Chief Financial Officer on an as needed basis and as required by regulatory standards.
- Assists Chief Financial Officer and Chief Executive Officer in development of annual budget.
- Administers Policy and Contract Management system
- Assumes any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Chief Financial Officer on an as needed basis.
- This position is Monday through Friday with working hours in accordance to position needs.
- Behave and dress in a professional and courteous manner consistent with the facilities Standards of Behavior.
- Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, thinking of better ways to do things
- Other duties may be assigned.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, converse, and listen; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to life and/or carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis and be able to push/pull over 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- The employee must be able to stand and/or walk at least five hours per day.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
I have read the Job Description and understand the functions and objectives of the position at Summit Medical Center.
Employee's Signature Date
Revised Date: 03/29/2019
Job Type: Full-time
- GL: 3 years (Preferred)
- Healthcare Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance