The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the overall organizational performance of Community Health Center of Central Wyoming (CHCCW). This position leads and directs activities through effective implementation of policies and organizational goals and directives set forth by the Board of Directors. The Board of Directors and the CEO assure CHCCW’s relevance in the community, the accomplishment of our mission and vision, and accountability to our diverse patient population. The CEO oversees all operations of CHCCW toward our primary objectives based on local, state and federal health needs and requirements.
- CEO directly supervises the Chief Medical Officer (CMO), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Operations Officer (COO), Executive Assistant, and Marketing;
- Delegates authority and responsibility to management team members. Conducts frequent meetings with management team members. Develops improved management techniques and practices.
- CEO oversees the management of clinic operations, ancillary services, marketing and risk management. The senior managers in turn, supervise directly or through other managers, all other employees in finance, general administration and clinical healthcare delivery functions;
- CEO is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of non-clinical areas. CEO carries out management oversight responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws;
- Responsibilities include interviewing and hiring senior management staff, program planning and development, directing general administrative tasks and having responsibility for evaluating the performance of all other staff.
- The CEO provides information and guidance to the Board of Directors for effective decision-making.
- Informs Board of Directors about current trends, problems and medical activities to facilitate policy-making.
- Oversees the business and financial affairs of the Center and fiscal management including accounting, budgeting, internal controls and timely reporting.
- Enhances operations effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment without jeopardizing important innovation or quality of care.
- Ensures clinic compliance with all regulatory agencies governing healthcare delivery and the rules of accrediting bodies. Continually monitors operations, programs, physical properties. Initiates appropriate changes.
- Encourages clinic integration within the community through effective communication.
- Responsible for strong public relations and marketing programs.
- Represents the clinic in its relationships with other health organizations, government agencies, and third-party payers
- Serves as liaison and channel of communication between the board and its committees, the medical and administrative staff.
- Resolves any medical-administrative problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff to ensure high employee morale and a professional, healthful clinic atmosphere.
- Maintains professional affiliations and enhances professional development to keep current in the latest health care trends and developments.
- Maintains strictest level of confidentiality.
- Pursues a continuing program of formal and informal education in health care administration and management. Ensures staff receives adequate and appropriate continuing education
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Master’s Degree or equivalent in a field relevant to healthcare and a minimum of five (5) years experience in executive level administration preferred; or ten (10) years top management experience that includes grants, budgets, personnel administration, policy and procedure preparation, financial management and reporting, and experience with federal, state, and local government reporting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in a FQHC, Community Health Center environment and thorough understanding of program expectation and fiscal compliance issues is essential. Demonstrated abilities to work with and supervise others effectively; to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions; to deal tactfully and effectively with community partners, as well as the public. Key is demonstrated healthcare and business acumen. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge of the Following
- Principles and practices of health planning and management sufficient to direct and oversee clinic operations;
- Purposes, organization and policies of the community’s health systems sufficient to interact with other healthcare providers;
- Principles and practices of employee development sufficient to ensure organizational productivity;
- FQHC rules and regulations, including reporting requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to drive and fly; handle paperwork, operate computer equipment and communicate at the highest level of effectiveness both in writing and orally with colleagues, staff and the public.
Work is performed in typical medical clinic and business office environment. Occasional long trips by automobile to widely scattered sites in Wyoming may be required. This position requires considerable local travel and will necessitate frequent air travel to conferences and meetings. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.