As a Field Service Technician (FST), this individual must troubleshoots, services, installs (deploys) and repairs both Explosive Detection Systems (EDS) and Explosive Trace Detection (ETD) equipment at customer sites. Maintains field service log and filing system to properly initiate, organize and maintain all field service and job files until work is completed. When not on travel, individual will provide assistance to the Technical Support staff. Demonstrates initiative and dedication through positive use of downtime and an overall willingness and eagerness to consistently exceed customer and company requirements. Conducts follow up calls with the customer to ensure satisfaction of work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for meeting daily service repair needs and driving customer satisfaction
- Installs, repairs and maintains equipment in the field; provides customer training as required.
- Documents all inspections, maintenance, repair work and submits paperwork in a timely basis
- Order, install, and return parts and manages repair parts cycle time
- Reviews all logs for open issues and prepares formal reports to customers as necessary.
- Participates in Service Sales opportunities and assists with promoting and implementing revenue programs.
- Ensures that tools and test equipment are properly maintained and calibrated
- Assesses product/equipment performance based on field support data; recommends modifications or improvements.
- Seeks to provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
- May participate in site surveys, pilot program service activities, attend meetings, champion special projects and prepare exclusive reports.
- Possesses a solid level of technical knowledge on the company’s Trace and X-Ray technologies.
- Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written.
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with senior level FST’s and Product Managers in order to support the needs of the customer and remain aware of current technical trends.
- Exercises every available measure to control and minimize costs.
- Travel, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
- Other duties as required.
Education & Experience
- Graduate of technical school/ Related Trade Certification (electrical, electronic, mechanical)/ Military Training (electrical, mechanical, electronics).
- Four (4) to Eight (8) years of experience in technical support or field service environment; or
- Equivalence achieved through comparative work and life experience is acceptable.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer literacy; competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
- Individuals shall possess excellent communications skills and have a strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork.
- Must be responsive to all customer issues at all times.
- Must be willing & able to travel at short notice.
- Possess excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to multi-task several projects at once.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and accountable individual.
- Possess excellent telephone skills.
- Must be able to pass an in-depth background check (vetting). Applicant selected will be subject to a government background investigation. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
- Significant vehicular travel. Regularly driving to a customer site.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, squat, reach to or below shoulder level, lift, carry, push, pull, and use hands to handle and feel, and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to climb and reach above shoulder level.
- Regularly required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently required to push/pull up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to push/pull greater than 50 pounds with assistance.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Work environment is typically considered to be off-site, wherever the customer of concern is located.
- Service will typically be rendered at airports, correctional facilities, courthouses, cruise ships or other locations as required.
- Position may require occasional pager duty, after hour’s duty, overtime and flexible hours in order to complete tasks.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required