Start your career in Human Resources!
The Payroll and HR Specialist performs comprehensive payroll services for Casper College and assists in the support of other human resource functions within the Human Resources department. This position must effectively problem solve and often works under pressure with strict and tight deadlines.
The responsibilities of the Payroll and HR Specialist include monthly payroll for all employee groups; monthly, quarterly, yearly and other reporting as needed; compliance with federal, state and local payroll laws; maintaining and updating as needed the enterprise database system for payroll and human resources; supporting other HR areas such as benefits, compensation, recruitment and the hiring process for all employees including student employees; and organizational training.
- Assist with managing the operational and financial activities of the payroll office on a daily basis to ensure timely and accurate payments to all employees.
- Responsible for all payroll processing functions for all institution payrolls, including month-end balancing and reconciliation of those payrolls.
- Prepare and reconcile multiple monthly, quarterly and yearly reports, requisition money and remit payments to applicable federal, state, and local entities as well as other vendors.
- Maintain/manage payroll database
- Maintain files on all payroll processes/reports
- Assist in annual audit of Casper College
- Keep up-to-date with federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations that apply to payroll processes as well as meet multiple compliance deadlines associated with these laws, rules and regulations.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and accuracy with all information.
- Assist in the support of the student employment process along with other HR department needs.
- High school diploma or GED/HiSet.
- Minimum of one (1) year of practical payroll experience and/or bookkeeping, accounting clerk or other similarly related job experience.
- Knowledge or the ability to understand accounting principles and practices
- Excellent math/analytical aptitude
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication abilities with aptitude in problem-solving
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and other related external software applications
- Associates degree from an accredited institution in a related field
- Experience with Colleague (currently in use) and/or related payroll or enterprise database system.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation
- Completed Casper College on-line application
- Cover Letter
- Copies of unofficial transcripts recommended at time of application but required prior to on-campus interview
- Employment contingent upon successful background check
- Official transcripts required upon hire
- This is a full-time, benefited position. Get more on Casper College's benefits here.