The marketing coordinator supports the work of public relations and admissions to promote the college and enhance brand awareness with prospective students through strategic digital and online marketing efforts that result in quality leads and improved student acquisition. The marketing coordinator contributes to a positive, collaborative, data-driven team environment with creativity and innovative solutions to problems by participating and leading initiatives in their area of expertise, meeting deadlines, creating sustainable work processes, and supporting the work of their colleagues in the department.
The marketing coordinator leads the full cycle of a marketing campaign by identifying opportunities, creating highly effective strategies and content, implementing strategy, tracking, responding, and confirming results on multiple digital platforms. The marketing coordinator is knowledgeable and proficient with integrating digital marketing assets, creating well-written online content, placing, and coordinating digital marketing campaigns. They are proficient in using the college’s customer relationship management system and extracting important information to support enrollment marketing strategies. The marketing coordinator also assists in the coordination of general marketing strategies, campaigns, and social media strategies of strategic interest to the college.
- Supports public relations and admissions directors in organizing various marketing projects.
- Is proficient in maintaining and running the customer relationship management (CRM) system including creating and maintaining communication plans, creating and monitoring campaigns, creating and monitoring polls and other market research, building reports, and tracking and reporting results.
- Identifies, develops and manages communication strategies within the CRM system and other media to meet enrollment goals.
- Updates spreadsheets and databases with statistical and financial and non-financial information.
- Implements integrated digital strategies among various assets including social media, website, email, and other assets.
- Composes and posts online content on the college’s website and social media accounts.
- Places and manages online advertising and on social media accounts.
- Tests and validates digital campaign performance.
- Remains current with new developments in online advertising and targeting technologies, strategies, and capabilities.
- Prepares and delivers presentations.
- Keeps printed and promotional materials ready by coordinating requirements with graphic design, appropriate inventory levels, placing orders, and verifying receipt.
- Writes marketing literature including brochures, fliers, and other media to promote the college’s enrollment proposition.
- Assists with other marketing strategies of the college as needed including events.
- Manages campus digital signage including the content and schedule.
- Manages all assigned projects and tasks using shared project management system to ensure coordination with PR colleagues.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading trade publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Other duties as assigned by the Public Relations Director
Typical work environment is an office setting requiring normal safety precautions. Non-routine occasional work may be spent around the community and various locations on campus. Short periods of time will be spent outdoors travelling between campus buildings in various weather conditions. Work is usually performed during the normal workday however, early morning, late evening and weekend work may be required. The noise level is usually minimal.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time, speak, hear, use hands and fingers to handle materials and use computers, feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, advertising, or related field.
- Excellent writing and editing skills including considerations with writing for online content.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Two years’ experience working in the field of marketing, public relations, or advertising.
- Excellent knowledge of social media and online services, multimedia, and other digital software used to accomplish work tasks.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with users internally and externally in both written and oral forms.
- Ability to effectively create and maintain positive working relationships with college employees, students, other colleges, the media, etc.
- Valid Wyoming Driver License with good driving record.
- Marketing/advertising experience. Experience with Google Analytics, Dashboards, Content Management Systems, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, CRM systems.
- Completed Casper College on-line application
- Cover Letter
- Provide proof of educational degree to meet minimum requirements
- This is a full-time, benefited position.