Responsible for assisting the Terminal Manager in the operation of the warehouse, inventory and safe practices. The Warehouse Associate reports directly to the Terminal Manager.
- At first of shift, take inventory by sticking or sight glass; inspect each inventoried tank and valves for signs of leakage.
- Inspect all pumps at loading and unloading areas for leaks.
- Make sure all trash receptacles are empty and do not contain combustible material.
- All loading and unloading areas should be clean and free from possible safety hazards.
- All bulk-in containers' (buckets, drums, etc.) products are properly refilled and stacked in a safe manner.
- Used and Empty Drum Staging Area should be maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards.
- New Drum Staging Area is maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards.
- Full and or Empty, Used Filter Drum Staging Area is maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards.
- Warehouse floor is maintained, clean and free from possible safety hazards.
- Maintenance performed on all pump gear boxes in the loading and unloading areas; Oil should be changed every six (6) months with non-detergent 30 weight, or with Chevron Tegra Synthetic ISO 150 (recommended by pump supplier Blackmer).
- Maintain and service air compressors to manufacturer's specifications and requirements.
- All tanks should be maintained, capped/sealed to prevent the accumulation of moisture.
- All tanks in the New Tank Staging area to be delivered to our customers must be inspected inside and out, proper decals and placards applied.
- Used tanks brought in from the field must be inspected for holes, dents, or cracks.
- Used tanks brought in from the field must be inspected for leaks by dispensing 5-10 gallons of off-road diesel and rolled slowly on the ground for possible leaks.
- Used tanks passing inspection are to be drained, painted, dressed (proper decaling) and stage in the proper Staging Area.
- Tank stands are to be inspected for damaged legs, bracing, cracks or broken welds.
- Stands passing inspection are to be cleaned and painted, before being placed in the proper Staging Area.
- Any product being delivered from an outside carrier must be sampled and approved before offloading.
- Properly use, maintain and operate a forklift in a safe manner.
- In the situation of understaffing, available to fill in as a driver.
- Training of new drivers as to where to pick up product or drop product off.
- Conduct safe forklift operation or training as needed.
- Work with Terminal Manager in the organization of the warehouse and yard.
- Work with Terminal Manager in the inventory control of the warehouse and yard.
- Inspect utility trailer and wheel bearings.
- Notify the Terminal Manager of inventory levels.
- Notify Terminal Manager of any unsafe equipment, unsafe. procedures/practices or any situation which will jeopardize the safety, control of company assets; any issue that could become a liability, and/or a violation of company policy.
- Special projects as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Class A commercial driver’s license required.
- Promotes company and safety philosophies, policies and procedures.
- Familiar with equipment (bobtail, transport, frac, forklift, storage tanks, and pumps).
- Flexible work week.
- Have reliable transportation.
- CDL certified a plus, but NOT required.
- Organized, ability to manage time, work with minimal direction, and have the ability to multi-task.
- Some mechanical skills and/or knowledge.
- Willing to accept more responsibility, as needed.
- Ability to safely enter the cab of truck, even when surfaces are slick.
- Ability to push, roll, move and position items such as 55 gallon
- Ability to apply through pushing and pulling of wrench, ratchet, or bar sufficient torque as required to secure
- Ability to couple hoses to connect and disconnect
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Physically able to lift up to 80 lbs frequently
- Physically able to push/pull up to 150 lbs frequently
- Physically able to sit and/or drive for long periods of time
- Physically able to climb a 10' ladder
- Work in and around chemicals and fuels
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
- Work with noise of engines, drilling rigs, pumps and equipment
- Stoop, bend, conduct work overhead for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers
- Work under adverse weather conditions: rain, fog, ice, snow, wind and temperatures ranging from 10o to 100o+
Job Type: Full-time
- Pallet Jack: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 2 years (Preferred)
- Forklift Certified (Preferred)
- drivers (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply