POSITION TITLE: Controller
Responsible for the accounting operations of the Credit Union, to include overseeing the accuracy and timeliness of the accounting records, preparation of standard internal and external financial reports, and maintenance of a comprehensive set of internal controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the Credit Union’s reported results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles, as well as state and federal Credit Union regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Oversee accurate and efficient accounting operations, internal controls, and financial reporting for the Credit Union.
2. Responsible for the chart of accounts and necessary internal controls over the general ledger to include appropriate reconciling processes, software application, and segregation of duties.
3. Responsible for the standard internal and external financial reporting of the credit union, including the quarterly NCUA 5300 report.
4. Maintain a documented system of accounting internal controls, policies, and procedures.
5. Manage the accuracy and productivity of the daily activities of accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed asset records, and general accounting.
6. Assist in the preparation and the monitoring of the budget and business plan.
7. Ensure accounting records and reports are in compliance with GAAP and government regulations. Cooperate with and assist external auditors and regulators as appropriate.
8. Assist with various profitability analysis and reporting, including assessment of the Credit Union’s branch network and products and services.
9. Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements, including filings with FRB.
10. Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of assigned personnel and ensure quality of work and service to managers and staff. Establish effective communications and processes within the department. Effectively apply management practices in leading the work of assigned personnel. Exercise managerial leadership duties as it relates to staffing, development, training, coaching, motivating, performance management and disciplinary actions. Conduct staff meetings to keep assigned personnel informed of pertinent policies and procedures affecting their jobs.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university, preferred.
- Five years of prior experience in accounting preferably in a banking or credit union environment.
- Thorough knowledge of financial institution accounting concepts, practices, and financial reports.
- Ideal candidate will have extensive experience with complex spreadsheets.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Other forms
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Innovative prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented quality and precision-focused
- Stable traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift