Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager or Shift Leader, the Maintenance Technician will troubleshoot, repair, maintain and improve mechanical systems with the intent of improving uptime and efficiency.
OCCUPATIONAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS WITHIN POSITION
- Basic Mechanical
- Precision Maintenance
- Hydraulics and Pneumatics
Learns and performs all Occupational Skills within the Maintenance job group.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and/or other measuring instruments.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Informs storeroom of needed equipment, parts, and supplies.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Supports maintenance pillar activities by assisting with analyzing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops/seminars/training as required.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Duties performed in addition to essential duties.)
- Recommends improvement in maintenance and operational procedures and equipment, including some design or redesign of machinery, equipment or installations.
- Follows all safety policies and procedure; is responsible for individual safety and the safety of others. Actively participates in the Cody Behavioral Safety Program.
- Actively participates/contributes on one WCM Pillar as assigned. Meets expectations of Pillar Leader.
- Actively participates in AIB (Area Improvement Board).
- Participates in quick kaizens or other WCM activities to eliminate/ identify root causes of errors and containment/corrective action.
- Routinely meets with assigned team to freely discuss recommendations/suggestions for improvement and openly receives feedback targeted to improve the performance of the business.
- Abides by the guidelines and procedures established by the plant. Cooperates with other teams at all times in the best interest of the business. Regularly demonstrates VMVO standards.
- Participates in the CMMS work order system, this includes Notifications, Work Orders, Time Confirmations, etc
- Performs other related duties that contribute to the success of the operation as assigned by supervisor/manager.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Three to five (3-5) years of professional experience and knowledge in maintenance disciplines, such as automated control systems, safety qualifications, and professional industrial maintenance in a manufacturing environment.
- Requires adaptability, methodical/analytical problem solving skills, and employee leadership skills with the ability to effectively apply these skills in a manufacturing facility.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills and written and verbal communication skills to work effectively in corporate, manufacturing and team environments.
- Basic typing skills and proficient in utilization of Microsoft Office, including Excel.
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 2-year technical degree in Industrial Maintenance
- Experience as fabricator, machinist or Maintenance mechanic
- Familiarity with Lean/WCM principles and practices
- Demonstrated proficiency in Safety programs to include but not limited to: Lockout/Tagout, Permit to Work, Confined Space, Electrical Work, Working at Heights)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, preferably SAP, including associated CMMS packages.
- No Supervisory responsibilities
- Normal work hours with occasional overtime optional as well as mandatory overtime necessary to meet deadlines or objectives
- Normal office and manufacturing plant environment which may include exposure to industrial solvents, liquids and other materials.
- The working environment will extend to both hot and cold conditions
- Must be capable of wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) necessary to comply with government and company safety standards.
- Job includes tasks that require bending, lifting materials weighing up to 50 lbs., twisting, gripping and stair climbing.
- May require long periods of sitting while working on forklift.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma