POSITION DESCRIPTION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Converse Hope Center (CHC), founded in 2017, is a non-profit organization serving victims of domestic violence and sexual assault (DVSA) crimes in Converse County, Wyoming. CHC is one of twenty-eight DVSA programs across Wyoming—a statewide network established by the Wyoming Division of Victim Services
(DVS) to assist victims of crime in navigating the criminal justice system.
Empowering victims and inspiring hope through crisis intervention, advocacy, prevention, youth programs, and survivor support services.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
CHC is committed to a diverse workforce. CHC is an equal opportunity employer; individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. CHC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, or disability.
POSITION SUMMARYThis professional position leads day-to-day CHC operations, including: supervising five to seven employees, maintaining two offices and emergency shelter, 24/7/365 crisis intervention phone line (HopeLine), administering CHC policy, fostering partnerships across the county and state, and serving as CHC ambassador.
REPORTS TOCHC - Board of Directors (BOD)
- Associate’s Degree preferred OR equivalent experience- Supervisory experience preferred- Experience in non-profit sector- Experience in budget oversight and fundraising- Strong commitment to CHC mission and client confidentiality- Strong commitment to leadership excellence, including: managing a rapidly changing work environment, team empowerment, problem solving, setting boundaries, safety, self-awareness, and self-care
- Knowledge of DVSA challenges and solutions- Familiarity with Wyoming Judicial System (e.g., district/circuit courts)- Ability to manage time and workloads, evaluate progress, set and meet deadlines, and attention to details, while seeing the bigger picture
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills- Capacity to be non-judgmental, compassionate, and build/sustain professional relationships—both in and outside the office
- Proficient technological, computer, and Internet skills- Must have valid driver’s license - Must be able to successfully pass background checks - Must reside in Converse County, Wyoming- Must complete 40-hours initial advocate training within 90-days of hire
- Report to BOD- Organize BOD monthly meetings- Administer CHC policy, chain-of-command, by-laws, and mission statement- Recruit, hire, supervise, and evaluate personnel- Adhere to laws, local and state, and procedures in regard to victim rights- Adhere to principles of confidentiality as required by law (WY 1-12-116 and VAWA)- Exemplify leadership qualities and high standard of conduct- Ensure delivery of high-quality client services- Develop organizational budget and maintain fiscal compliance with funders- Submit monthly reimbursement reporting to DVS- Fundraise including grant writing and meeting grant reporting requirements- Communicate and coordinate with CHC bookkeeping and tax accountants- Develop strategic plans- Foster collaboration with traditional and non-traditional partners- Cultivate community engagement in DVSA solutions- Oversee operation and maintenance CHC’s two offices and emergency shelter- Ensure coverage of HopeLine- Serve on HopeLine rotation- Ensure personnel receive required training and other professional development opportunities- Attend Wyoming Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault bi-annual meetings and other related DVSA meetings/trainings as necessary
- Provide direct victim services as necessary- Assume other duties as necessary and/or directed by BOD
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENTAdhere to all requirements stipulated in CHC Policy
GOVERNMENT CONTRACTGrantee of Wyoming - Division of Victim Services
CLASSIFICATIONAt Will, Permanent Employee, Full-Time, Exempt
BENEFITSHealth, Dental, Vison and Life Insurance, Wyoming Retirement, Personal Time Off (PTO), Sick, Holidays
PAY$50,000 to $55,000 - DOE
Your Application Must Include
Cover Letter Resume Three (3) Professional References
Applications due by October 15th Position Open Until Filled
Please email PDF copies of your application to Maria Walker at [email protected] conversehope.org OR
mail to CHC office at 126 N 5th Street, Douglas, WY 82633 OR hand deliver to the Douglas office at the address above.
Direct any questions to Maria Walker at [email protected] conversehope.org
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- Associate (Preferred)
- Douglas, WY (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply