Jackson Whole Grocer is a local, independent community market offering the finest and freshest in natural, organic and conventional products. Our vision is to create and share the JWG experience by connecting our community through food. We are a growing local owned company and offer competitive wages, and a comprehensive benefits package including health, vison, dental, long term and short term disability, life insurance, 401K, and an in-store discount.
We’re seeking professional, capable, friendly people to join our team!
Position: Marketing Manager
Location: 1155 South Highway 89, Jackson, WY
Reports to: General Manager
Our Marketing Manager is a key position as a steward and ambassador of the Jackson Whole Grocer & Café brand.
- Development and management of all marketing programs and operations, following industry best practices that lead to high quality and engaging customer experiences.
- Stewardship of brand standards & expression across all mediums, including leading brand guidelines, logos & multi-media channels
- Development and execution of strategies and tactics in traditional & digital media, digital media, social media, promotions, in-store signage & events, community involvement and PR
- Creation & management of marketing budgets
- Coordination with Store Management of merchandising and promotional activities with Marketing
- Oversight and coordination with third party agencies, design services, printers and other vendors
- Design & production of in-store permanent & temporary signage and labeling storewide
- Event management both in-store and community events (ie Eco-Fair, Old Bill’s, Chamber Mixers, Tent Sales, in-store holiday sampling/vendor events)
- Development & management of donation, sponsorship & community programs, budgets and allocations
- Project Management (i.e. development and implementation of new programs like loyalty programs, ecommerce, etc.)
- Marketing staff management (one full time Marketing Coordinator)
- Collaboration with store management & entire store team members at all levels
- Team participation in various hand-on duties will be required from time to time – such as customer service, bagging, stocking, cleanup, inventory assistance – since we’re a small business and all employees jump in as needed to deliver extraordinary service and get things done.
a) College Degree or equivalent
b) Minimum 3 years marketing experience in retail or other high volume fast paced environment
c) Excellent retail Marketing acumen in branding, targeting, social media, digital advertising, in-store marketing, media mix, promotions, communications, events and community affairs and PR
d) Excellent creative expertise – branding, composition, color, software tools
e) Excellent production knowledge – particularly print, signage, newspaper, magazine & collateral
f) Awareness of current and future trends in graphic design, websites, social media & PR
a) Excellent written, verbal and visual communications skills
b) Organization, project management and delegation skills
c) Ability to manage a six-figure budget
d) Ability to work in fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
e) Strong organization skills
f) Computer skills – Word, Excel, PPT & working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), Dropbox, Google Analytics, Facebook & Twitter
g) Emotionally intelligent leadership and management skills
a) Standing/Walking: Frequent throughout the workday on hard floor surfaces
b) Sitting: Frequent in the office
c) Lifting: Occasionally carrying boxes of product weighing 30# for 6’
d) Carrying: Occasionally carrying boxes of products weighing 30# for 6’
e) Hands/Arms: Constantly through the workday
f) Work-site Conditions: Work is generally performed in the office in store