DISCOVER SOMETHING WILD ABOUT YOURSELF
Located at the base of Snow King Mountain, just a few blocks from downtown and 20 minutes from the Jackson Hole Airport, Snow King Resort Hotel boasts breathtaking views of the Teton Mountain Range and offers its guests a wide variety of activities and amenities. As Jackson’s largest venue, Snow King Resort Hotel offers over 20,000 square feet of combined indoor and outdoor function space. Featuring 203 guest rooms and 85 vacation rentals (classic or luxury condos).
1. High school graduate.
2. College degree in Accounting or Finance
3. 3-5 year experience in Hotel Accounting as a controller and familiarity with the Uniform System of Accounts for hotels
4. Computer accurate mathematical calculations.
5. Problem solving and analytical skills
6. Fluency in English both verbally and written.
7. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
8. Knowledge of basic office procedures.
9. Ability to work under pressure
10. Basic mathematical and calculator skills necessary to prepare mathematical calculations without error.
12. Understanding of reports and related correspondence and accurately perform all essential job functions.
13. Ability to provide clear direction, instruction, guidance and exercise judgment and implement control over the performance of subordinates.
14. Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
15. Needs to have excellent telephone etiquette skills.
1. Certification of previous training in computers.
2. Experience with computers, calculators or word processors.
3. Previous guest relations training.
4. Previous experience in hospitality industry, preferably an upscale/4 Diamond AAA hotel.
5. Familiarity with preparing statistical reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Develop, maintain, secure, and monitor internal controls to safeguard hotel assets.
2. Maintain adequate internal control over revenues, expenses, assets and liabilities of the hotel and ensure accounts are maintained according to GAAP and Benchmark Policies.
3. Educate and advise hotel staff and management on the value and benefits of internal controls.
4. Hire, train, coach, supervise, and direct Finance staff to ensure accurate bookkeeping and timely reporting of financial data to department heads, hotel management, corporate office, and owners in accordance with GAAP and Benchmark guidelines.
5. Prepare monthly, annual and five-year forecasts and operational budgets in conjunction with the General Manager and Department Heads. Responsible for monitoring forecasts and budgets throughout the year and advising hotel management, corporate office, and owners of any major variances and their impact on the operation.
6. Ensure that all licenses, permits, and insurance policies are current and are in compliance with local, state, and Federal laws.
7. Monitor all contracts and agreements and advise hotel management of the terms, conditions and benefits.
8. Ensure hotel is in compliance with Corporate Policies (SPI’s) and governmental rules and regulations and the Management Contract.
9. Report irregularities and non-compliant situations to the General Manager and Benchmark CFO as required by corporate guidelines.
10. Coordinate all financial audits by outside concerns.
11. Conduct monthly statements meetings. Assist and counsel all department heads in the interpretation of financial data and recommend courses of action to maximize profitability.
12. Coordinate all internal financial training and development of department heads and managers.
13. Advise hotel management of financial implications of policies, procedures and economic climate.
14. Assume a leadership role in the education of supervisory staff in financial management.
15. Manage cash balances, including preparation of statement of cash flow and, if necessary, statement of changes in financial position.
16. Ensure timely completion of all Balance Sheet account reconciliation’s.
17. Ensure that the interest of the hotel Benchmark and owners are protected. Seek legal advice, if deemed necessary, from the local attorney and the legal department of HHC.
18. Assist in development of Risk Management program. Maintain insurance (general liability, property and Worker’s Compensation) programs.
19. Develop and maintain internal controls in all departments.
20. Implement and support property operating policies and procedures.
21. Work with the Sales and Marketing Department to develop programs and procedures to maximize the property’s revenues.
22. Ensure effective solution oriented communication within the department and with other operational departments.
23. Serve our guests.
24. Serve the other Benchmark team members who serve our guests.
25. Perform any and all functions as directed – you are a member of the entire Benchmark team, not just a member of your department.
26. Take personal responsibility to ensure the success of the team – the team succeeds because of your actions.
27. Always put the team objectives ahead of your personal agenda.
28. Perform the security and safety function of all Benchmark employees to ensure the security and safety of all guests and of all fellow employees - be vigilant for all safety/security issues, correct and/or report all issues immediately.
29. Perform the housekeeping function of all Benchmark employees – keep your work area clean and neat, and correct and/or report any housekeeping issues outside of your work area in the public and heart-of-the-house areas as you encounter.
30. Perform your sales function – all Benchmark employees are sales people for the company and for the property -be knowledgeable of Benchmark and of all aspects of your property, and always present both in the best light to guests and to the community at large.
31. Perform your community ambassador function – get involved in your community and represent Benchmark and your property well.
32. Always speak first and speak last to guests in a friendly, courteous manner – every guest encounter should include this.
33. Always greet co-workers in the same friendly, courteous manner – never pass a fellow employee without acknowledgement.
34. Deal with all guests and fellow Benchmark team members with respect and honesty.
35. Present yourself properly in the work place at all times – full uniform including name badge, dress/uniforms always clean and pressed, personal grooming always up to standard.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Ensure compliance with financial record retention policies.
2. Administer the competitive bidding process.
3. Ensure timely customer satisfaction (external & internal) on accounting related inquires and requests.
4. Oversight responsibility of computer networking operations and computer application within the hotel.
5. Attend departmental meetings to keep apprised of other operations and provide input to enhance the departments operation.
6. Perform other duties that may be assigned by the General Manager or Director of Financial Operations.
This description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.