Description and Functions
Open Until Filled
Located in the Lovell and Powell Armory, this part-time position will perform a variety of duties for the building interiors and grounds maintenance.Human Resource Contact: 307-777-8121ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Responsible for general cleaning, vacuuming floors and furniture, emptying trash and recycling containers, dusting, washing windows and mirrors, cleaning/stocking restrooms, bathrooms, classrooms, kitchen, hallways, gym and offices.
- Performs ground maintenance duties which include mowing and weeding grass in the summer months along with care and maintenance of trees, shrubs, and flowers, and snow removal in the winter months.
- Operates and maintains equipment, including hand tools, vacuums, carpet shampooer, extractor, floor scrubber, floor buffer, lawn mower, and weed eater.
- Inspects and documents emergency lighting and fire extinguishers for proper operation.
- Maintains storage of custodial supplies; requests replenishments as needed.
- Identifies facility material deficiencies and submit work order request to Supervisor and Construction Facilities Management Office.
- Maintains Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for all cleaning supplies and chemicals used and stored on site.
- Complies with state and federal polices such as OSHA and EPA, determining compatibility of different chemicals.
Preference may be given to those with a High School Diploma, Plus 6 months of progressive work experience typically in Building and Grounds.
Agency requires the successful applicant to have a valid Driver's License
Agency requires the successful applicant to obtain/maintain Federal Security Clearance.KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of materials, supplies, equipment and methods of more technical cleaning and maintenance.
High School Diploma
0-6 months of progressive work experience (typically in Building and Grounds)
Education & Experience Substitution:
1-2 years of progressive work experience (typically in Building and Grounds)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Necessary Special Requirements
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Exposure to hazardous materials, bodily fluids, chemicals, bio-hazards, potential explosive.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to operate cleaning and grounds maintenance equipment.
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
- All new hires or rehires starting in a non-exempt position on or after January 1, 2018 are required to be paid hourly
- This is a permanent, Part-Time position working 80 hours per month. Position will be eligible for pro-rated Annual and Sick Leave. Work hours will be an agreed upon set schedule working between the hours of 7:00 am and 4:00 pm, M-F.
- Successful applicant will be required to utilize personnel vehicle between Armories and will be reimbursed at the prevailing rate.
- Attach a DD214 for Veteran points consideration
- Position is considered Essential Personnel
007-Military Department - St. Military Affairs - Construction & Facility Maintenance
Click here to view the State of Wyoming Classification and Pay Structure.
The State of Wyoming is an Equal Opportunity Employer and actively supports the ADA and reasonably accommodates qualified applicants with disabilities.
Class Specifications are subject to change, please refer to the A & I HRD Website to ensure that you have the most recent version.